This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is there a mailbox in the panda starting area?

#1ShineGamerPosted 12/4/2012 9:14:18 PM
I have mail and can't delete a new character I created.
---
"Actually, there was this one time...I grabbed the wrong whammy bar and deployed star power a bit too early. I stained the rug with my x8 multiplier."
#2That_70s_showPosted 12/4/2012 9:18:40 PM
No.
---
http://imgur.com/gzrx9.jpg
http://imgur.com/QpiW5.jpg
#3ShineGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 9:52:22 PM
well that sucks.
---
"Actually, there was this one time...I grabbed the wrong whammy bar and deployed star power a bit too early. I stained the rug with my x8 multiplier."
#4Sellus GraviusPosted 12/4/2012 10:29:38 PM
I don't know how you'd have mail considering they can't even receive mail (due to not having a faction). I'm guessing it's some blizzard mail or something which in that case is really stupid on their part. I'd open a ticket.
#5xcessPosted 12/5/2012 12:32:46 AM
Yeah you have to Lvl to 10 or 12 whenever it is that allows you to choose sides happened to my friend it's cos it's still neutral
#6c0sa n0straPosted 12/5/2012 12:35:29 AM
It's silly, they should just treat Pandaren like the other faction (for both factions) and only allow you to send Heirlooms.
#7HakPosted 12/5/2012 1:46:52 AM
Problem with that is that it would be too easy to mail items/money cross-faction. If the Pandaren were initially treated as "Friendly" to both sides, then you could mail anything to them from Horde, then they could be used to mail it further on to the Alliance. System works as it is now, just does get a little annoying when there's mails created when you first log in a new character.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#8c0sa n0straPosted 12/5/2012 1:51:52 AM
Hak posted...
Problem with that is that it would be too easy to mail items/money cross-faction. If the Pandaren were initially treated as "Friendly" to both sides, then you could mail anything to them from Horde, then they could be used to mail it further on to the Alliance. System works as it is now, just does get a little annoying when there's mails created when you first log in a new character.

I meant treating them like the opposite faction, so you can only send Heirlooms.
#9HakPosted 12/5/2012 2:08:00 AM
Think there was something about the game code not being able to handle that, as Pandaren are already classed into a "Faction C" type thing until they pick a side. The only way it would work would be for Pandaren to be classed as Friendly to both sides while on the island, but that means that mail could then be sent cross-faction, so they removed the mailboxes that were there (the beta did at a couple of points have mailboxes).
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#10Sellus GraviusPosted 12/5/2012 3:17:14 AM
Hak posted...
Think there was something about the game code not being able to handle that, as Pandaren are already classed into a "Faction C" type thing until they pick a side. The only way it would work would be for Pandaren to be classed as Friendly to both sides while on the island, but that means that mail could then be sent cross-faction, so they removed the mailboxes that were there (the beta did at a couple of points have mailboxes).

If they could make it so you can send heirlooms cross faction I don't see why they can't make it so you can send them to "faction C", and have it the same where you can send heirlooms but nothing else.