This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How did this even happen

#1Sellus GraviusPosted 12/4/2012 11:40:49 PM
My computer just overheated and turned itself off whilst i was playing (it is ridiculously hot on the east coast of australia at the moment... kill me plz).

Anyway, I just logged back in, and literally ALL my settings have been reset. The graphics settings were gone, i had to re-enter my account name etc. Worst of all, all of my addons were reset to default, and when I went to load profiles, they were gone. I really don't understand how that could have happened =/ I've had my PC reboot whilst playing before and it didn't delete every single addon profile.

I'm pretty devastated because this is such a pain to fix up. Has this happened to any of you guys before, and was there some way to restore the profiles? They must be in some folder somewhere, they can't actually have gotten deleted..
#2LanceFlugermanPosted 12/5/2012 12:07:00 AM
Authenticator?
---
Ma Ma Se Ma Ma Sa Ma Ma Coo Sa.
#3Sellus Gravius(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:11:39 AM
LanceFlugerman posted...
Authenticator?

What about it?
#4AceronPosted 12/5/2012 12:15:53 AM
Sounds like you should run a checkdisk. The folder you keep your cache files in probably went bad in the overheat.
---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL
#5Sellus Gravius(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:19:05 AM
Aceron posted...
Sounds like you should run a checkdisk. The folder you keep your cache files in probably went bad in the overheat.

I'm getting LUA errors when I log in now too, I can't make much sense of them but it pretty much seems like there's one for each addon :<
#6c0sa n0straPosted 12/5/2012 1:40:24 AM
This has happened to me once as well, and I didn't even overheat, suddenly ALL my settings and addon customisation was gone, your settings profile has gone corrupt, and it freaking blows, now I make backups of the WTF and Interface folders, that's the only fix I'm afraid.
#7ace_two_maxPosted 12/5/2012 5:42:34 AM
If the country you reside in is to hot and it causing the computer to overheat, then do what I do

I have my PC in a Freezer I open the door to change the Disk ( If I use them very rare) and holes for my leads to exit

Never over-heated but you need to keep it running or it will over-freeze.
---
You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead for your freedom, and your telling me your completely sane?!