This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Seriously HOW THE F*** DO you guys manage to play with key binds? ?

#1NeilJWDPosted 12/5/2012 12:58:41 AM
I'ma clicker so hate me, however I'm REALLY trying to be a keybinder.
I've bought a mouse with 1-12 thumb buttons.
Set all my classes to have abilities macrod to 1-12 and shift 1-12.

However I jsut can't not click, I REALLY HAVE TO STARE at my ability buttons, to when they're off cooldown/which priority is up etc.
Knowing that I hit the 4 key, or the G key, just doesn't seem to compute for me, when I'm so focused on the buttons display.

How do you guys know which buttons to press/are available? I'm always staring at the buttons.
---
ARGH! Someone gave me some goggles and a spork,
I don't know what the goggles do but I'm gouging my eyes out with the spork!
~Dudeboy
#2Lightning BoltPosted 12/5/2012 1:03:28 AM
How do you guys know which buttons to press/are available?

Quick glances at various things like resources and cooldowns.
I long ago memorized the location of every spell for all the specs I play on my keyboard. It only takes a quick look to see which are available.

Just keep at it, your fingers will learn where everything is soon enough.
Sometimes too well... I tend to try and keep keybinds roughly the same across all classes (interrupts on R, E for aoe, etc) and it gets really hard to not Blood Boil every few seconds. My fingers want to slap Thunder Clap and Blood Boil is so close. >.>
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#3Black_Mage_MeeePosted 12/5/2012 1:03:53 AM
First, change all your binds from 7-12 to something else. You just can't use those unless you have some freakishly long fingers.

Then practice. Your UI tells you which abilities you can use and you should know where the corresponding button is on the keyboard without looking down (with practice).
---
~Kweh
#4c0sa n0straPosted 12/5/2012 1:12:14 AM
Black_Mage_Meee posted...
First, change all your binds from 7-12 to something else. You just can't use those unless you have some freakishly long fingers.

Then practice. Your UI tells you which abilities you can use and you should know where the corresponding button is on the keyboard without looking down (with practice).

He just said he bought a mouse 1-12 buttons under the thumb (ie a Naga), anyway, get Bartender and try setting your bars to invisible, that you way you wont have anything to click.
#5Black_Mage_MeeePosted 12/5/2012 1:39:56 AM(edited)
c0sa n0stra posted...

He just said he bought a mouse 1-12 buttons under the thumb (ie a Naga), anyway, get Bartender and try setting your bars to invisible, that you way you wont have anything to click.

Apologies. I somehow read this as 1-2 thumb buttons and thought he referred to 1-12 on keyboard. My bad here

@down: Yes yes, could we stop pointing this out and get back to helping TC?
---
~Kweh
#6oldskoolffgamerPosted 12/5/2012 1:28:56 AM
c0sa n0stra posted...

Apologies. I somehow read this as 1-2 thumb buttons and thought he referred to 1-12 on keyboard. My bad here

My keyboard only goes up to 9.
#7KatimariDamashiPosted 12/5/2012 1:40:06 AM
oldskoolffgamer posted...

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just derping. a standard keyboard goes
1234567890-=
thats 12 buttons.
---
White FC: 3439 8353 9339
My modest list of event pokemon: http://tinyurl.com/9b83llg
#8c0sa n0straPosted 12/5/2012 1:41:30 AM
KatimariDamashi posted...
oldskoolffgamer posted...

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just derping. a standard keyboard goes
1234567890-=
thats 12 buttons.

He's just being a ****** because the button doesn't literally say "12"
#9PanzerscrapPosted 12/5/2012 3:12:37 AM
Long time keybinder here. Mouse has two buttons plus the scroll wheel button. Keyboard is a standard issue Windows layout.

I have 18 bindings that I frequently use, plus I tend to keep an ability bound to the scroll wheel button.
#10Black_Mage_MeeePosted 12/5/2012 3:15:18 AM
By the way, does anyone else bind abilities to scrolling up/down?
---
~Kweh