This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Seriously HOW THE F*** DO you guys manage to play with key binds? ?

#31c0sa n0straPosted 12/5/2012 8:56:55 AM
Sabram posted...
I dont know why people always use such complicated keybinds.

I use 1-5, Ctrl 1-5, Shift 1-5, and Alt 1-5, all the buttons ill ever need and easily reached.

So how do you use those while still strafing?
#32MegumiChanPosted 12/5/2012 9:29:22 AM
Just be aware of your rotation and the cooldowns, then press the cooldowns when you need to. It's not that hard.

I myself use Q E R T F Z along with a Shift modifier for my main attacks and the numbers for cooldowns and specific macros.
#33Mr_YoruPosted 12/5/2012 11:43:43 AM
Eventually you get used to it. I tend to bind similar abilities to the same keys so when I play a different class it doesn't take a whole lot of time to get used to it.

I just know where my abilities are and watch cooldown timers for when they're available.
---
Feel free to misinterpret anything I say, and use it against me.
3DS Code: 1547-5196-5136 (Yoru)
#34TheRaven1406Posted 12/5/2012 12:12:19 PM
I wonder how the hell people can push 12 different buttons with their thumb (Razor Naga)? I probably couldn't even distinguish 4 buttons....

I always miss the keys when I keybind on a regular keyboard.... so I just keep clicking and use 1-4

I like this keyboard
http://www.illuminatedkeyboards.co.uk/steelseries/merc-stealth-keyboard.php

But it's expensive :-/
Arrow keys with strafing keys, plus a lot of small keys for keybinds directly above, on the left side of the keyboard. Just the jump key is poorly placed.
#35dementedlullabyPosted 12/5/2012 1:34:12 PM
I take it TC sucks at RTS.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam:DementedLullaby
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#36KenorvPosted 12/5/2012 6:44:41 PM
Has anyone ever used a game controller that allows you to map keys to it? Is that viable for WoW or not? I was thinking of getting one since I'm having a hard time getting used to key binding. But if it's not really viable for WoW then I guess I'll work on getting better at key binding.
#37MegumiChanPosted 12/5/2012 6:48:31 PM
Kenorv posted...
Has anyone ever used a game controller that allows you to map keys to it? Is that viable for WoW or not? I was thinking of getting one since I'm having a hard time getting used to key binding. But if it's not really viable for WoW then I guess I'll work on getting better at key binding.

Should totally work with a program that takes controller input to keyboard. Looking around would be a little awkwad, as would most things without a mouse. You mainly use the mouse to look around and maneuver quickly, also, specific targeting.
#38MakeHatePosted 12/5/2012 6:50:11 PM

Im not sure how up to date it is, but:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Game_Controllers

I'd say it would only be good for basic questing/farming.
---
"but you still have to use a keyboard which was made for word processing back in the early 90s with MSdos" -The_Big_Deek