This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Girlfriend Ultimatum: "Stop playing WoW or I'm leaving..."

#1n0matterPosted 12/6/2012 12:01:50 PM
It finally happened. After four years of co-habitation and late raid nights, she finally gave me the ultimatum to either give up WoW or she's moving out. I don't fully understand; she has her 'girl nights' and such. So why shouldn't I have my raid nights? I'm sure that some of it stems from a few occasions in which she was asking me to come to bed for obviously naughty reasons mid-raid and I had to deny her for the sake of the guild/run/etc. And I HAVE called in sick to work a quite a few times to stay home and play but why should she care? It's my vacation time and I should be able to do with it what I want.

The worst part is that she's been chumming up to a 'friend' of mine who is also an avid player and in a rival guild on the same server. It's one of those "We're just friends!" situations that I just know is going to turn into them dating and who knows what else. Furthermore, he's a rich punk and lives in a nicer, up-town apartment and we sort of live in a crappy place. Which I won't be able to afford on my own.

My main concern is that even if I comply with her request, will she then think she can make me stop smoking or leaving the toilet seat lid up or other crap that she doesn't like about me? Also, I have all sorts of compromising photos of her so do I post those online if she decides to leave or cheats or whatever? It seems like it would be poetic justic. And who should get to keep the dog?
---
76.322 to 70.744 is a 70% drop. - Sailor Goon
#2XtraTPosted 12/6/2012 12:03:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3Forte612Posted 12/6/2012 12:08:08 PM(edited)
You smoke, leave the toilet seat up, call off work to play games, and ignore sex for WoW.

You're entitled to live how you like, and don't let her run your life - gotta do what makes you happy - but you can't hold it against her either if your lifestyle doesn't mesh with her.
---
-JohnnyShred612
#4Aposter26Posted 12/6/2012 12:07:10 PM
If this is actually true, in this situation you may as well keep playing. Sounds like she gonna up and leave you anyway for another WoW player, nonetheless. You are in a no win situation. The way I see it, she knows you won't quit playing, so she's hoping this gives her an excuse to be with your friend. If you do quit playing, either she's going to leave anyway, or try controlling you in every other aspect of your life, like you said.
Don't post the naughty pics of her. Be the bigger person. I know it would be sweet revenge, but it just ain't right. Not sure about the dog though lol.
#5Forte612Posted 12/6/2012 12:09:02 PM
Also, only post the pics if she cheats.
---
-JohnnyShred612
#6Lightning BoltPosted 12/6/2012 12:30:17 PM
I demand immediate pictures of everything mentioned in this thread thus far.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#7BobTDonutPosted 12/6/2012 12:43:03 PM
That's quite a few bites you got there.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/SpVUU.jpg
#8thelastmohiganPosted 12/6/2012 12:43:35 PM
Unfortunately this is a n0matter topic so it won't go anywhere, but it has potential.
#9MacrossSpecialPosted 12/6/2012 12:45:49 PM
give her a similar ultimatum that she has to give up something she greatly enjoys, like being an ass.
---
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll
#10Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 12/6/2012 12:49:05 PM
she was asking me to come to bed for obviously naughty reasons mid-raid

Man card, hand it over.
---
Ah, to be a sandwich artist. To return home each night smelling of blood, sweat, and Parmesan Oregano.