This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Girlfriend Ultimatum: "Stop playing WoW or I'm leaving..."

#21magnusmagneticPosted 12/6/2012 2:14:16 PM
WOW! Not wow wow it's the exclamation of surprise.

Girls aren't toys even if they are fun to play with and I'm considering wow to be a lifestyle choice.

We have male Hetrosexuals that like women.

We have male Metrosexuals or Pansexuals who like men and women.

We have male Homosexuals who like men.

We have male Wowsexuals who like video games.
#22toolittletimePosted 12/6/2012 2:17:58 PM
If she's willing to leave you over game after this many years then she is already gone.
She just wants to put responsibility on you, sounds like there is someone else on her mind.
---
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
Mark Twain
#23MegumiChanPosted 12/6/2012 2:19:04 PM
Get a better girlfriend. Mine plays more WoW than I do.
#24ouFIJIPosted 12/6/2012 2:46:10 PM
ITT: Mom Ultimatum: Stop playing WoW or I'm going to ground you..."
#25LimbicPosted 12/6/2012 2:48:06 PM
My main concern is that even if I comply with her request, will she then think she can make me stop smoking or leaving the toilet seat lid up or other crap that she doesn't like about me?

YES. YES.

WoW completely aside, any ultimatum completely shifts the power dynamic of the relationship in favor of the ultimator. Talk to your friends about this, obviously, but I have never seen a relationship post-ultimatum go well (whether the other partner gives in or not).
---
Paid DLC at release = end of games.
#26KeyBlade999Posted 12/6/2012 2:52:53 PM
Forte612 posted...
You smoke, leave the toilet seat up, call off work to play games, and ignore sex for WoW.

You're entitled to live how you like, and don't let her run your life - gotta do what makes you happy - but you can't hold it against her either if your lifestyle doesn't mesh with her.

This is the post I'll take.
---
Every wound a new opportunity, every curse a new challenge.
I shall encounter defeats... But I will not be defeated.
#27RomeoMinolaPosted 12/6/2012 3:04:57 PM(edited)
My troll senses are tingling off the charts.

But, on the 0.01% chance this is actual serious; just let her leave. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say she deserves better. Also; a real man would only ever consider disclosing personal photos if she cheats. Not because she finally realizes you're pathetic.

Edit: One more thing; she should unquestionably get the dog. It seems to me that inevitably you're going to let the dog starve to death because you were caught up in a WoW Marathon session.
#28EliteGuard99Posted 12/6/2012 3:04:02 PM
I say quit, WoW's a pretty boring game anyway, there's better stuff to do out there.
---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#29FRo3tBLo0dPosted 12/6/2012 3:04:59 PM
Kanus_oq_Seruna posted...
she was asking me to come to bed for obviously naughty reasons mid-raid

Man card, hand it over.

lol
#30sonicster2002Posted 12/6/2012 3:10:28 PM
Ultimatum's are a terrible way to negotiate. Probably best to ask some people you trust, but I don't think it would end well either way.
---
http://xkcd.com/386/