This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate each Paladin spec under MoP

#1mestupkid185Posted 12/7/2012 9:05:19 PM
I'm an aspiring Paladin who has raided in both Wotlk and Cata under all three specs at one point, with the mainstay being holy. I recently returned to the game and my lovely belf is in the process of leveling to 90. Whilst I do so, I pose the question, which spec performs the best in MoP so far? I'm obviously more inclined to go holy since that is definitely my comfort zone, but I will go raid under ret.. and maybe even prot, if holy is broken. Which is the most effective spec for a pally interested in raiding? (yes i realize this is a researchable question, but I've CHOSEN to pose it to the highly opinionated crowd at gamefaqs)
#2mestupkid185(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 8:28:06 AM
bump
#3monkey_man0Posted 12/10/2012 8:51:44 AM
This is an odd question to think about because none of the 3 specs are really performing so far above/below similar other specs.

Ratings based on how they are related to other classes that fill the same role:

Prot > Holy > Ret

This is not to say that any of the specs are bad (or even are better than one or another), just how they relate to the "average" of other specs that can do the same thing.

If you like Holy, go ahead and do it, they're a fine healer, and I'm sure everyone would be happy to have another person playing a healer on this game (finding PuG raids, or even a guild, will be much easier).
---
I own a computer!
#4vh2vandalierPosted 12/10/2012 9:49:44 AM
Prot's been a decent tank spec for awhile, Holy have been decent healers for awhile, and if played properly Ret can put up competitive dps depending on the fight. Just play whichever spec you prefer, so if it's Holy, play Holy.
---
Intel i7 2600k@4.6 w/Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte Z68 | Corsair Veng. 16GB | XFX 1000W Plat. | SLI EVGA 560ti 448/Classified | Crucial M4 | Seagate 1TB | Plextor BR
#5bstbllPosted 12/10/2012 1:43:20 PM
As has been said, if you're good, you'll succeed in any of the specs. None of them are overwhelmingly outclassed by other classes. Just pick your main sec based on if you want to tank, dps, or heal
---
So basically communists are druids. -Gestapoid
#6MegumiChanPosted 12/10/2012 2:00:03 PM
They're all good. Prot and Holy are more important because duh, tank and healer but Ret is also very solid if you're good.