This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Paladin using Ghostheart

#1tote_allPosted 12/9/2012 5:32:57 PM
Is there some sort of "penalty" other than the obvious stat loss by using an Agility weapon?
#2gmangoodfellasPosted 12/9/2012 5:47:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3AssultTankPosted 12/9/2012 5:51:28 PM
I don't believe probably figures into the equation at all when the probability is 100%...

At that point it moves into the realm of certainty.

@tc; The penalty is, everyone thinks you're a moron. And quite frankly, ANY player playing ANY class using a piece of gear with useless stats is a moron in my eyes.

Mage using Spirit? Stupid
Hunter using Int? Stupid
DK using Agi? Stupid
Warlock using Str? Stupid.

In every case I can possibly think of, using an Agi weapon on a Paladin is stupid.
Your weapon would have to be Wrath level to justify the switch, and even then it would be close.
---
http://doc.cat-v.org/economics/bar_stool_economics This is how the American tax system works...
---
#4tote_all(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 6:01:25 PM
Is weapon damage not the biggest stat by far to any melee anymore or are these kids both overly defensive and bad?
#5LanceFlugermanPosted 12/9/2012 6:02:41 PM
The only other penalty is this thread.
---
Ma Ma Se Ma Ma Sa Ma Ma Coo Sa.
#6Melted_ButterPosted 12/9/2012 6:04:52 PM
AssultTank posted...
I don't believe probably figures into the equation at all when the probability is 100%...

At that point it moves into the realm of certainty.

@tc; The penalty is, everyone thinks you're a moron. And quite frankly, ANY player playing ANY class using a piece of gear with useless stats is a moron in my eyes.

Mage using Spirit? Stupid
Hunter using Int? Stupid
DK using Agi? Stupid
Warlock using Str? Stupid.

In every case I can possibly think of, using an Agi weapon on a Paladin is stupid.
Your weapon would have to be Wrath level to justify the switch, and even then it would be close.

What about a level 85 paladin/DK using Spear of Xuen? The weapon damage is drastically higher than anything else a level 85 could acquire at the time. (and, at least for me, was a proven increase)
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#7tote_all(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 6:14:09 PM

I'd like you to back up this claim, please.
#8BobTDonutPosted 12/9/2012 6:19:42 PM

I'd like you to back up this claim, please.

He can't. He is just an idiot spatting off nonsense.

And yes, you would be losing the 2 AP per STR for only 1 AP per Agil, which while is a DPS loss, could easily be offset if the weapon damage itself is much higher than the alternative. What weapons are we talking about here anyway?
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/SpVUU.jpg
#9Breaker BladePosted 12/9/2012 6:31:59 PM
Well, it's probably fine to use it in the interim until you get a 463+ Strength 2-hander; the problem (as evidenced in this thread) is that there's a general stigma associated with players who use gear that isn't intended to be used by their character. I think if I had Ghostheart (Heroic Version, I assume?) and no other 463 weapon, I'd probably use it and run Scholomance, Scarlet Halls, Scarlet Monastery, Shado-pan Monastery until I got what I really needed for my character.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, Guild Wars 2, LoL, Dark Souls, Diablo III
Currently watching: Game of Thrones, Louie, Breaking Bad
#10tote_all(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 6:34:03 PM
Well, it's probably fine to use it in the interim until you get a 463+ Strength 2-hander; the problem (as evidenced in this thread) is that there's a general stigma associated with players who use gear that isn't intended to be used by their character. I think if I had Ghostheart (Heroic Version, I assume?) and no other 463 weapon, I'd probably use it and run Scholomance, Scarlet Halls, Scarlet Monastery, Shado-pan Monastery until I got what I really needed for my character.

Which is exactly what I'm doing.