This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Paladin using Ghostheart

#31Right_Chus_1Posted 12/11/2012 12:58:07 PM(edited)
tote_all posted...
The fact of the matter is yes, you use ghostheart until...

http://www.wowhead.com/item=80936

Drops for you. It will be far superior than anything else you can get while leveling off of weapon damage alone. Point blank, end of discussion.

Lower ilevel... considerably lower damage...

Edit: Did you mean heroic? Because duh.

Now i REALLY hope your trolling. The mace has 700 STR on it.

STR------->Wep damage--------->Agil----------------------------------------------------------->Ilvl

The 700 STR on the mace puts it WAY ahead of the agility and weapon damage im pretty sure. STR is your best stat by a MILE. Thats 1400 AP. The agil wep is 800 AP and a little extra wep damage. It wont be a ton more damage but the mace is def better.

I NEED TO HIT EDIT INSTEAD OF QUOTE!!!! See below
#32Right_Chus_1Posted 12/11/2012 12:54:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#33Right_Chus_1Posted 12/11/2012 12:56:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#34silentzedPosted 12/11/2012 1:42:38 PM
Right_Chus_1 posted...
tote_all posted...

Drops for you. It will be far superior than anything else you can get while leveling off of weapon damage alone. Point blank, end of discussion.

STR------->Wep damage--------->Agil----------------------------------------------------------->Ilvl

The 700 STR on the mace puts it WAY ahead of the agility and weapon damage im pretty sure. STR is your best stat by a MILE. Thats 1400 AP. The agil wep is 800 AP and a little extra wep damage. It wont be a ton more damage but the mace is def better.

Pretty sure we covered earlier specifically why you are wrong. For melee classes, weapon damage (DPS) is the most significant stat. because of how attack power works in terms of overall damage.

So, to clarify, 14 AP = 1 DPS. This works in reverse also. So let's take the 450 Ghostheart and compare it to the 463 Ghostheart. 450 = 2910.6, 463 = 3285.4, which is a difference of 374.8 DPS, the equivalent of 5247.2 Attack power.

Even if you had a 450 STR weapon that had 1500 STR on it, it STILL wouldn't even come close to DPS returns of a 463 AGI two hander. The exceptions to this is if you have abilities that do damage based solely upon attack power (Example, Execute). These abilities do not benefit from weapon damage, and thus have to be considered on a case by case of which class you are referring to.
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#35Right_Chus_1Posted 12/11/2012 1:53:18 PM
silentzed posted...
Right_Chus_1 posted...
tote_all posted...

Pretty sure we covered earlier specifically why you are wrong. For melee classes, weapon damage (DPS) is the most significant stat. because of how attack power works in terms of overall damage.

So, to clarify, 14 AP = 1 DPS. This works in reverse also. So let's take the 450 Ghostheart and compare it to the 463 Ghostheart. 450 = 2910.6, 463 = 3285.4, which is a difference of 374.8 DPS, the equivalent of 5247.2 Attack power.

Even if you had a 450 STR weapon that had 1500 STR on it, it STILL wouldn't even come close to DPS returns of a 463 AGI two hander. The exceptions to this is if you have abilities that do damage based solely upon attack power (Example, Execute). These abilities do not benefit from weapon damage, and thus have to be considered on a case by case of which class you are referring to.

I play a warrior so i guess thats where it came from. Figured they were all the same for the most part. the mace was definitely an upgrade for me over ghostheart.
#36silentzedPosted 12/11/2012 2:13:35 PM(edited)
If you play a Warrior, then it is especially true that Weapon Damage/DPS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.STR (on weapons/items) > CRIT (gems) > STR (gems) > AGI (anywhere).

Because just about everything we do as Warriors is based on weapon damage, if you find a weapon with higher DPS, it is generally going to be better for you, even if it doesn't have STR on it, just because of the conversion. (assuming it's something like going from 450 to 463, 463 to 476, etc.).
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#37Right_Chus_1Posted 12/11/2012 3:07:41 PM
The exceptions to this is if you have abilities that do damage based solely upon attack power (Example, Execute).

If you play a Warrior, then it is especially true that Weapon Damage/DPS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.STR (on weapons/items) > CRIT (gems) > STR (gems) > AGI (anywhere).

All of warriors damage comes from execute. Im not even sure you believe yourself anymore.
#38silentzedPosted 12/11/2012 3:33:35 PM(edited)
Right_Chus_1 posted...
The exceptions to this is if you have abilities that do damage based solely upon attack power (Example, Execute).

All of warriors damage comes from execute. Im not even sure you believe yourself anymore.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Mogu%27shan_Vaults/Feng_the_Accursed/10N/dps/?page=4

My logs (I am #154 in the world currently for 10 man Feng). I disagree strongly with your post. Execute is my #3 ability, and only accounts for 12.5% of my damage.

EDIT: Sorry should have stated my Warrior's name is Vhalok.
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#39tote_all(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 3:14:13 PM

On one side, we have intelligent analysis and objective data.

On the other, there's you, with one of these on your head.

http://fivepercent.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/propeller-hat-300x300.jpg

Provide your piece of math, or stop arguing.
#40Right_Chus_1Posted 12/11/2012 5:01:45 PM(edited)
tote_all posted...

On one side, we have intelligent analysis and objective data.

On the other, there's you, with one of these on your head.

http://fivepercent.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/propeller-hat-300x300.jpg

Provide your piece of math, or stop arguing.

lol, silent take that stupid hat off!

Also, this is a topic about using a weapon while leveling. Posting raid logs do zero good because the fact of the matter is while leveling and in 5 mans execute is warrior strongest attack by a good margian.