This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My Raiders Fail at Sonic Rings

#1wyndmanPosted 12/10/2012 3:36:56 AM
Topic, the raiders I have in my crew continuously eat sonic rings from Imperial Vizier Zor'Lok, I've tried explaining to them the concept of running in a circle, yet they all seem to continue to run into the rings despite how slow these things actually move. Is there another boss I can drag them through for them to actually learn proper movement? Firelands tornadoes were broken last time I was there, and Atramedes was close, but the movement required for him is even easier. This is 10m. Thanks for your direction and ridicule.
---
In Loving Memory of Steve Irwin
RIP 9-4-06
#2Lightning BoltPosted 12/10/2012 3:42:53 AM
Can you really call them raiders if they can't even figure out that concept? I have never died to those things, I only ate 3 or so ticks the very first time I saw them (might have died if I weren't a tank... not sure what kind of damage it does to a dps), and just cannot comprehend how someone could die to them after seeing the mechanic once.
Potentially if you're a ranged DPS and you're trying to stop and cast, I could see you getting hit...

Anyways, drag them through LFR? The rings are roughly the same, just a bit more spaced out. Have the melee sit at max melee range and move in a slow circle around the boss (DBM even tells you which way to move), and ranged can sit back and slide through them as they spread iirc.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#3cxiePosted 12/10/2012 3:43:26 AM
Maybe they are not using mouse to change direction. It would be pretty hard to run in a circle if you use key board only for movements.
#4LORDDRAGON1995Posted 12/10/2012 3:45:40 AM
Try Atramedes in BWD
---
Scientia, Honor et Veritas
#5LanceFlugermanPosted 12/10/2012 4:18:19 AM
i heard it was physical damage so tanks wont notice much of it... idk if thats legit but it was on a kripparian vid
---
Ma Ma Se Ma Ma Sa Ma Ma Coo Sa.
#6Lightning BoltPosted 12/10/2012 4:21:20 AM(edited)
LanceFlugerman posted...
i heard it was physical damage so tanks wont notice much of it... idk if thats legit but it was on a kripparian vid

It is. Fairly sure my Blood Shield absorbs it even, which is why I said I wasn't sure whether not being a tank would have had it kill me.
It wiped half the raid though so I wouldn't have been alone. That's just one of those things you gotta see once, and then it's cake if you're not braindead. We didn't have the luxury of seeing it in LFR a dozen times before going in, we started HoF on the first week it was out. /shrug
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#7xheartworkxPosted 12/10/2012 4:34:40 AM
wyndman posted...
Atramedes was close, but the movement required for him is even easier.

LORDDRAGON1995 posted...
Try Atramedes in BWD

---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Fourthirteen/advanced
#8Tubes269Posted 12/10/2012 5:43:00 AM
I feel your pain, there are two people in my raid group who died 8 times in a row to these rings last night (mage and a spriest). In the end we got so fed up with them we asked them to stay on the first platform and do nothing whilst we cleared the circles phase.

They still died in the final phase to the rings again but at least we got to see most of the fight.

Ps:these are the same two people holding us up on Elegon because they can't do more than 40k dps. ON ELEGON! you know the fight with the 50 percent damage increase. Need a new guild, but dead server is dead.