This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WoW GameFAQS Board Poll: New Playable Race

#31Egxamer1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 11:48:44 AM
SPAWN_117 posted...
I would make a Hozen monk and name him Rafiki! That is all.

Sten! Haha Breath of Fire anyone?
---
I am slaying all the bosses, I am winning all the dailies, I am doing all the dps, I am dating Mila Kunis, I am killing all the arenas, I belief in my Smelf.
#32revan292Posted 12/11/2012 11:54:28 AM
I desperately want etherals.

And i don't want to hear that "Armor models wouldn't work on them" BS excuse.

I've seen ethereals wearing hoods and robes for example, with modifications.

I don't care if my chest piece or gloves or shoes are cut down or whatnot to make it compatible with the ethereal, i just want the ethereal.

For example... Tauren/Draeni can't wear shoes, gnomes and goblins are so small that the details of clothing/armor are hardly noticeable anyway, etc etc
---
"The World is a Suicide Club"
#33Egxamer1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 4:51:42 PM
revan292 posted...
I desperately want etherals.

And i don't want to hear that "Armor models wouldn't work on them" BS excuse.

I've seen ethereals wearing hoods and robes for example, with modifications.

This was Blizzard's initial reasoning for not including them and debunking any sort of attempt to put them into the game but since 2007 graphics have improved and im sure then could put them in. Another problem back then was the way they move floating instead of running so coding that with all class skills was a lot of code processing im sure some poor computer nerd didnt want to do. Still.. would look wicked as a rogue and other classes...
---
I am slaying all the bosses, I am winning all the dailies, I am doing all the dps, I am dating Mila Kunis, I am killing all the arenas, I belief in my Smelf.
#34InfestedAdamPosted 12/11/2012 6:05:23 PM
From a lorewise point of view that make sort of sense I'll say the Horde should eventually get the Ogres but I can't agree with Alliance getting the Vrykul though. Despite all the retcon and twisting around that Blizzard has done to the lore it just doesn't sit well with me.

In my opinion it needs to be either a neutral race or a race that has have past ties with the Horde and Alliance. Not only that but a sufficient enough size of a civilization and population to justify them existing.

The last time Blizzard magically created a new race was the Draenei who ended up joining the Alliance. Before that it was the Taurens and Night Elves.

Personally for me the Blood Elves and High Elves shoulda be too far few in numbers to really become a playable race after the events of the Sundering and the events of Warcraft III. Plus if anything the High Elves are more or less the same as the Highborn Night Elves. Essentially it's Highborn Night Elves > High Elves > Blood Elves.

If we do end up with a new race I rather Blizzard just magically create another race that existed on some magical island/city (i.e. Goblins, Pandaren, Worgan) than twist the current lore with some explanation that said race despite all the slaughter and changes they went through still somehow exist in sizable numbers.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#35Egxamer1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 8:30:54 AM
Im not sure if there is space on the planet for another unknown land with a sentient race the world is unaware of. I imagine if there was a completely unique race introduction it will be on another world we travel to and make war with the burning legion instead of fighting on our own lands.
---
#36InfestedAdamPosted 12/12/2012 10:50:47 AM
Egxamer1 posted...
Im not sure if there is space on the planet for another unknown land with a sentient race the world is unaware of. I imagine if there was a completely unique race introduction it will be on another world we travel to and make war with the burning legion instead of fighting on our own lands.

You have a point there which I'll agree with. Blizzard already went as far as introducing the non-corrupted Draenei. What is to stop them from not magically creating another race on another planet that's being suppressed by the Burning Legion.

Still, unlike Draenor, I feel the Horde and Alliance have little reasons to explore other worlds even if it is to fight the Burning Legion given their size and resources is probably beyond that of Azeroth.

But then again, Blizzard have always found ways to adjust the lore so it'll fit the game somehow.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#37ElaeusPosted 12/12/2012 12:37:59 PM
I refuse to vote in such a stupid poll.

Nah just kidding, poll is fine. So is the TC. :)

I however indeed didn't vote because honestly a new race is not something that interest me much. I would if I would choose furbolgs for Alliance and ogres for Horde. I was always against ogres as playable race in any form but seeing that quest in Taranis where a Bilgewater goblin recruits Dunemaul ogres was actually interesting... Add to them the goblin faction in Dustwallow and there might be something interesting..
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#38Egxamer1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 12:16:09 AM
Elaeus posted...

Nah just kidding, poll is fine. So is the TC. :)

Thank You Elly, i appreciate that. You make a good point for ogres. Still im not sure if the development team would want to do bulky bland ogres, but why more races?! well we are up to seven each per faction iirc, so we gotta even that up! :D

Had a short lunch break day dream at work about it, if the races from starcraft discovered Azeroth... universes would merge! Then bam! Titan releases... multiple game mmo...

The other thought i had was about Turalyon and Alleria emerging from the abyss leading a new group of humanoids. whos knows.. get our your Retconhammers blizz!
---
#39pengalorPosted 12/13/2012 12:54:18 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#40mrplanktomPosted 12/13/2012 3:43:12 AM
No vote for like...cute pig people?

Or gerbil people?

Or squirrel people?

I thought you guys all wanted pandas.

Now you don't want cute and cuddly?