This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Lich King soloable?

#11otisanimePosted 12/11/2012 11:39:03 AM
I tried once, just once, a few weeks ago, and failed due to mechanics, but if I tried again, I think I'd probably be able to do it. But I was able to solo everything (Except gunship) up until then, though. That's as a newly geared Ret Pal, btw.
---
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Tribes Ascend (PC)
#12Ryu_of_WildfirePosted 12/11/2012 11:43:24 AM
I fit with the LK the other night with a couple buds, we killed him like an ice cold Budweiser.

The only thing tho, is he spawns valks that try and pack you off the platform. If you get hit with one of those I do not see any way out of sure death.
---
Sometimes I think its a sin
When I feel like i'm winnin' but i'm losin' again
#13Megalo2Posted 12/11/2012 11:58:13 AM
Yes, he's soloable as long as you know the fight. You'll need to get your health above 90% to remove Infest when he casts it. When he runs to the middle during the phase transition, use the stairs leading up to the throne to avoid being launched from the platform by orbs. Umm kill the adds during that time, and wear dps gear if you're Protection specced. The Valks won't grab you when you're solo, so there's no worry there. However, if you bring any additional people with you they will most likely be picked up and dropped off of the platform by a Valk unless you can manage to slow, stun, and dps the Valk quick enough to save them. Oh, and avoid Defile. If you stand in Defile you'll die, but the fight isn't very hard as long as you know the mechanics. It's more about having the dps to beat his enrage than it is about being able to just survive him. 10-man and 10-man heroic should be doable. I know that 25-man normal has been soloed by people, but I haven't personally tried that. 25-man heroic I believe will only be doable once better gear is released and classes can beat the enrage timer. I think the only classes that have soloed 25 heroic are 80 paladins and 80 mages, but 80 paladins currently have a bug allowing them to do exorbitant amounts of dps while taking no damage.
#14MegaSlushPosted 12/11/2012 6:36:06 PM
Didn't Mione stand in Defile for Vengeance? Or did they change something?
---
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Check profile for more.
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1
#15Aposter26Posted 12/11/2012 7:15:31 PM
This chick Mionelol solo'd Lich King awhile back so yes it can be done.
#16ShadowlessOnePosted 12/11/2012 11:35:05 PM
edarkcloud posted...
a poorly geared level 90 is a lot better than the best equipped possible level 85 hands down so it has to be possible

You make a very contentious point.
A poorly geared 90 wouldn't have the avoidance and mastery percentages that a well geared 85 would.
#17TheAncientMonkPosted 12/11/2012 11:54:39 PM
To cut through all the rhetoric, yes, you can do it. If you know what you are doing.
#18TheSteelPhoenixPosted 12/12/2012 12:13:45 AM
If you want to wait a few days I am making a video showing how a DK with poor gear can solo all of ICC...ALL OF ICC.
---
C'mon Obama,lets stomp this economy into the ground. I'd rather get our economic collapse over with while I'm young and strong and have a chance of surviving.
#19shawn10000000Posted 12/12/2012 12:44:22 AM
TheSteelPhoenix posted...
If you want to wait a few days I am making a video showing how a DK with poor gear can solo all of ICC...ALL OF ICC.

even gunship!?
#20TheSteelPhoenixPosted 12/12/2012 1:17:04 AM
shawn10000000 posted...
TheSteelPhoenix posted...

even gunship!?

yes, even gunship now, and sleepwalker, and blood queen lanathel (spoiler alert, you dont need to be a night elf to solo her)
---
C'mon Obama,lets stomp this economy into the ground. I'd rather get our economic collapse over with while I'm young and strong and have a chance of surviving.