This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Havent played since firelands, just hit 90, how should i gear most efficiently?

#1DarkBanelingPosted 12/11/2012 10:59:12 AM
What should I make sure I do every day/week? What dailies should I get going on right away? I quit before LFR came out so I don't really know how that works. Goal is to get geared for raiding.
#2DarkBaneling(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 12:47:21 PM
Bump
#3Lightning BoltPosted 12/11/2012 12:49:25 PM
Dungeons. Do Dominance Offensive dailies, I don't think the others really hold any value any more (funny how that went).
LFR when you get a chance.

If you like banging your head against a wall, capping conquest can get you some gear that's better than dungeon gear, and will serve you until you get raid gear.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#4kaitokunPosted 12/11/2012 12:51:37 PM
Get started on golden lotus and klaxxi rep. Tonne need to do golden to unlock the others except for klaxxi. Also do heroically and if you need a ilvl450 weapon do the arena scenario.
---
i5 3570k | Asrock b75 pro3 |9800 gt | 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz | Antec EA-650W | 1 TB HDD | Cooler Master elite 431+
#5DarkBaneling(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 12:59:32 PM
I keep hearing about some huge rep grind in mop. Which reps are people talking about and are they still useful and relevant to raiding?
#6redundanciesPosted 12/11/2012 1:04:56 PM
Immediately:

Golden Lotus
Klaxxi
Dominance Offensive/Operation Shieldwall

These are the factions that offer VP gear and can be started right away. Once you are Revered with Golden Lotus, you unlock Shado-Pan and August Celestials which also offer VP gear.

There's not a huge grind - if you play it right, you'll only have to work on two to three reps at a time, and you'll find yourself far shorter on VP than you are on rep for the epic items. Also, you only need Revered with each to access all items.
#7Lightning BoltPosted 12/11/2012 1:13:08 PM
Don't bother with that crap, it's a waste of VP to buy gear unless you're not getting anything worthwhile from raids.
If you must buy the gear, go for dominance offensive gear since it's higher ilvl.

Unless I'm missing something obvious.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#8redundanciesPosted 12/11/2012 1:19:28 PM
Lightning Bolt posted...
Don't bother with that crap, it's a waste of VP to buy gear unless you're not getting anything worthwhile from raids.
If you must buy the gear, go for dominance offensive gear since it's higher ilvl.

Unless I'm missing something obvious.

Dominance Offensive gear only fills four slots, so it's a good idea to pad the rest of his gear with 489s from the other four factions. Since he just came back, I'm assuming he's not ready to jump right into HoF or any heroic raids.
#9Ness0123456789Posted 12/11/2012 1:31:23 PM(edited)
Dungeons. Do Dominance Offensive dailies, I don't think the others really hold any value any more (funny how that went).
LFR when you get a chance.

If you like banging your head against a wall, capping conquest can get you some gear that's better than dungeon gear, and will serve you until you get raid gear.

Operation Shieldwall /Dominance Offensive only have 4 slots of 496 gear (Trinket, Belt, Ring, and Boots). If you aren't raiding, you'll still need to do the other Dailies and up to at least Revered.

in terms of gearing up:
Scenarios, Dailies (all daily factions save for the Tillers, Order of the Could Serpent, and Tillers are tied to Valor Point Gear) and Heroics until 460
Mogu'shan Vaults LFR (queue for it just like you would Heroics and Scenarios) along with the above until 470
Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Springs LFR along with the above.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#10Lightning BoltPosted 12/11/2012 3:11:30 PM(edited)
Dominance Offensive gear only fills four slots,

If he gets all four slots filled and still isn't raid ready via dungies/LFR, then he really doesn't have any hope of getting raid ready. I mean, that's a month and a half of VP, it doesn't take near that long to get raid ready.

I stand by my opinion that, if his goal is raiding, the other factions are superfluous (bar recipes, which have debatable value).
If he's never gonna get raid gear, then he can dailies for his other slots. That's actually not a bad shtick.
---
-The Rev