This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DPS DKs: worth switching to DW if you get a better weapon?

#1XiocamiePosted 12/11/2012 1:25:08 PM
I've pretty much been 2H frost full time since I got to 90, picked up the 476 LFR 2h sword from elegon and been rolling with that since.

I managed to get the 476 1h axe from (lfr) elegon, so I placed in the bank for now.
Today I managed to get the 483 1h sword from (lfr) sha.

Well.
Crap.

I'm thinking if I switch to DW it would provide better DPS over my current 2H weapon, but I'm unsure. If I manage to snag the regular star shatter from the guild raid tonight I could always switch back to 2H, but..

tl;dr:
What's better DPS: LFR star shatter VS LFR elegon axe + LFR Sha sword (I forget the names)
#2Glockass1Posted 12/11/2012 1:26:27 PM
Xiocamie posted...
I've pretty much been 2H frost full time since I got to 90, picked up the 476 LFR 2h sword from elegon and been rolling with that since.

I managed to get the 476 1h axe from (lfr) elegon, so I placed in the bank for now.
Today I managed to get the 483 1h sword from (lfr) sha.

Well.
Crap.

I'm thinking if I switch to DW it would provide better DPS over my current 2H weapon, but I'm unsure. If I manage to snag the regular star shatter from the guild raid tonight I could always switch back to 2H, but..

tl;dr:
What's better DPS: LFR star shatter VS LFR elegon axe + LFR Sha sword (I forget the names)

Whatever you're most comfortable with. Very minimal DPS difference. Besides 2H looks cooler IMO. I've always had something about huge two handed weapons.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#3Xiocamie(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 1:31:45 PM
Well, as far as I know (though I'll have to do my homework on it some more) DW rotation/priority is more or less like the 2H one, but more priority on frost strike over Obliterate. Sooo I think I'll be fine with either.

I just want whichever give best DPS. I wish I had my legendary gem then it would be a no brainer (since the 1h sword is sha-touched but my 2H is not.)
#4PsoloquoisePosted 12/11/2012 1:46:45 PM
Stack mastery, spam frost strike.
#5DawnshadowPosted 12/11/2012 2:20:22 PM
First of all, do you have access to Sha-touched gems? If so, you want the weapon with the Sha gem slot!

If not, 483 main hand and 476 off-hand will still be somewhat more DPS than a single 476 weapon, but it won't be world-shattering if you really prefer DW. You don't have to change anything to change weapon styles as long as you can wait the 30 seconds for your weapon style class ability to kick in, so you can even keep both weapon sets on-hand and try both of them out. :)

(The weapon style coolup is so you can't macro /equip 2H, /cast obliterate, /equip DW, /cast frost strike. ;) )
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/