This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My laptop is So bad that the FPS on WoW is terrible?

#1revan292Posted 12/11/2012 8:33:29 PM
(Note- I play WoW with ALL settings on low)
(Note- It is my understanding that WoW is the "lowest system demanding" MMO) (meaning i could play it without having an expensive computer)
(Note- I'm quite poor, so purchasing a "better" laptop, (or desktop) is not an option)

Whenever i am questing, or doing a 5 man dungeon, or just free roaming the world, my FPS is perfectly fine as long as i play on all low settings.

But once things get going in a Raid or PvP the FPS just slams down to less than 10 and it makes it near impossible to play.

Without raiding or PvP, there really isn't much else to do and it gets boring. And it's not like i could just go to another MMO because everyone says that WoW is basically the lowest system demanding one and that my laptop could not handle anything else.

I've tried using the "Game booster 3" download, but it seems to have little or no improvement.

System Specs
Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Model: Presario CQ57 Notebook PC
Rating: 2.8 Windows experience index
Processor: AMD C-50 Processor 1.00 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 2.00 GB (1.60 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System

Is there no hope or options? x.x
---
"The World is a Suicide Club"
#2Lucavi000Posted 12/11/2012 8:34:54 PM
Lol that laptop.

I think my Ti-83 is faster.
---
i dont play singleplayer games too much. I beat it then quit it, like my exgirlfriends. -- Little Zardar
#3Emerald_WyvernPosted 12/11/2012 8:43:18 PM
Geez! My laptop sucks, but that... is a whole step down.
---
"A breach? Here? Bailiff! Get my steed! We need to retreat at once!"
Judge, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
#4B1g_ClownPosted 12/11/2012 8:49:27 PM
You can't expect much from a notebook. A $300 dual core laptop would be a decent upgrade. A $600 desktop(prebuilt, even) should be able to max this game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jTSPhTe79Y
#5revan292(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 8:53:35 PM
B1g_Clown posted...
You can't expect much from a notebook. A $300 dual core laptop would be a decent upgrade. A $600 desktop(prebuilt, even) should be able to max this game.

Okay, thanks for the info, A $300 dual core laptop sounds like a future posibility that won't be to expensive.
---
#6Disturbed_9090Posted 12/11/2012 10:29:16 PM
one thing i would liek to know is, if your so poor to the point u cant buy a new computer, (or at the very least save up for one in a couple of weeks) even a cheap one, why do u feel the need to waste what little money u have playing wow?

yeh sure $15 - $20 isnt much, but could be spent on more needed things.
priorities
#7QwelzaarKanePosted 12/11/2012 10:49:28 PM
Do you travel at all with your laptop? If not, you should get a desktop when you upgrade. More bang for your back and they last longer.
---
We sock more mouths than Mankind
http://i.minus.com/i9zSMI5Oq8SvB.gif
#8ChocoboMog123Posted 12/11/2012 10:59:47 PM(edited)
Stop playing WoW for a year or two and use that money to pay for a new desktop. Pick up Chess or Pokemon in the meantime.
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif
#9revan292(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 10:57:31 AM
Disturbed_9090 posted...
one thing i would liek to know is, if your so poor to the point u cant buy a new computer, (or at the very least save up for one in a couple of weeks) even a cheap one, why do u feel the need to waste what little money u have playing wow?

yeh sure $15 - $20 isnt much, but could be spent on more needed things.
priorities

Uhh... i didn't say that i was so poor that i couldn't pay the bills... i referenced the fact that i don't have the money for a new computer...
---
#10RevoredoPosted 12/12/2012 11:09:12 AM
My Desktop suck so much I have to play it on Medium settings.
---
Playing now: Final Fantasy XIII
Not a bad game, really.