This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it just me, or does Pandaria starts out HARD?

#1IdonahariPosted 12/23/2012 6:19:27 PM
I got two characters there, a warrior and a monk, soloed it with the warrior but had to be very careful with my pulls.
After I finished off the horde boss that jumps through the portals and turns to a demon things started to calm down.

With my monk I encountered a mage and we did it together and it was still kind of hard.
Just wondering if anyone else had a rough time.
#2Rama_IIIPosted 12/23/2012 6:22:06 PM
Expansions generally do start out a bit hard as the enemies are essentially in a new "tier" stats-wise, while you're still in your s***ty pre-expansion gear and level.
---
The Garden Of Rama
Arthur C. Clarke is the one true God.
#3jlc992Posted 12/23/2012 6:22:20 PM
I didn't really find it that hard but the way they scaled it seems a bit off at first. But they give you new items fairly quickly so it balances out quickly.
---
4 and 1 odd!
#4Idonahari(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 6:24:19 PM
Well Rama, I disagree, I played this monk and facerolled TBC, WOTLK and CATA, yet Pandaria is a real challenge.
jlc992 I hope your right, though its cool to actually fight for my life for once! :D
#5GreatDrakePosted 12/23/2012 6:29:12 PM
for me it doesn't seem to get hard until you hit Townlong Steppes.
---
Bedlam Boy's Disturbing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2puDJun9iCA&feature=related
#6That_70s_showPosted 12/23/2012 6:30:33 PM
Well Rama, I disagree, I played this monk and facerolled TBC, WOTLK and CATA, yet Pandaria is a real challenge.
jlc992 I hope your right, though its cool to actually fight for my life for once! :D

If you mean they weren't a challenge recently, that's kind of the point. They aren't current, so they scale them down a bit. Doing Vashj'ir in full wrath greens terrible.
---
http://i52.tinypic.com/25jlh8p.gif
:)
#7jlc992Posted 12/23/2012 6:31:53 PM
Idonahari posted...

I would say do every quest you can in every area. It help unlock new things plus you be about a level above the recommended area so that should make it a bit easier.
---
4 and 1 odd!
#8JiruruPosted 12/23/2012 6:33:20 PM
I found the jump to Cataclysm harder, especially now with how early (and low-geared) you hit 80, enemies in early Hyjal have three times or more health and hit much harder than what you were just fighting in Dragonblight.
---
"It felt like the music was aimed right at me... like a missile!"
#9vahndragonwingPosted 12/23/2012 6:35:09 PM
Idonahari posted...

If you did them while they were current, you'd have a point.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender
#10TheEvilMushroomPosted 12/23/2012 6:36:43 PM
Jiruru posted...
I found the jump to Cataclysm harder, especially now with how early (and low-geared) you hit 80, enemies in early Hyjal have three times or more health and hit much harder than what you were just fighting in Dragonblight.

This. The start of Pandaria wasn't bad at all imo.
---
Minecraft IGN: Morlocke50
Current WoW main: Maloth(shaman)