This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it just me, or does Pandaria starts out HARD?

#21thronedfire2Posted 12/24/2012 6:53:36 AM
Idonahari posted...
Elaeus- no, of course not, but I expected some elitists to show up, all those who posted on page 1 made their points, those on page 2 however ;)

You said you facerolled through all the OLD expansions on your monk. Everyone else pointed out that this is because all the old expansion mobs get scaled down and made easier to kill when a new expansion comes out. The damage jumps from BC to WotLK and WotLK to Cata were much bigger than cata to MoP.

You're being ignorant.
---
I could see you, but I couldn't hear you You were holding your hat in the breeze Turning away from me In this moment you were stolen...
#22vahndragonwingPosted 12/24/2012 7:11:14 AM
Idonahari posted...
Elaeus- no, of course not, but I expected some elitists to show up, all those who posted on page 1 made their points, those on page 2 however ;)

It' still page one, l2forum

And you were called out because the only time they're remotely tough is AT THE LAUNCH of the expansion and the next few subsequent months.

Get in a tissy because you misunderstand - check.

Doesn't matter if you played during WotLK, we're talking about the first couple months of an expansion's life in which it's usually noted to be more difficult to level due to the gear differences.

Did I miss anything, sweetie, or are you still missing it?
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender
#23Idonahari(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 7:11:29 AM
What part of this post "I played WOTLK when it was "current"" did you fail to read?

Sheesh..
#24thronedfire2Posted 12/24/2012 7:15:07 AM
Idonahari posted...
What part of this post "I played WOTLK when it was "current"" did you fail to read?

Sheesh..

Mobs in WotLK starter zones only have like 2k more hp than mobs at the end of BC. Starter mobs in MoP have 100k-200k more than mobs at the end of Cata.
---
I could see you, but I couldn't hear you You were holding your hat in the breeze Turning away from me In this moment you were stolen...
#25vahndragonwingPosted 12/24/2012 7:17:44 AM
Idonahari posted...

Sheesh..

What pat of "The only part that matters is the first couple months of the expansion, since the expansion lasted 2 years, playing when it was current leaves about 22 months where what you're saying doesn't matter" don't you understand?
---
#26Idonahari(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 7:21:59 AM
Hmm yeah Van, I ment I made the transition from BC to WOTLK, should've said it.

Anyway forget it, this content is getting easier as you get scaled with gear, let's leave it at that.
#27vahndragonwingPosted 12/24/2012 7:24:11 AM
Idonahari posted...
Hmm yeah Van, I ment I made the transition from BC to WOTLK, should've said it.

Anyway forget it, this content is getting easier as you get scaled with gear, let's leave it at that.

Which is the entire point we all were trying to make. As the expansion goes on, classes get buffed, they add QoL changes, and the transition becomes waaaay easier.

Hell, for pandaria, though, just go buy a full set of the blue (insert AC here) gear that are 415's, those will last until around 88 with no issue.
---
#28DawnshadowPosted 12/24/2012 10:05:39 AM
If you're in Cata leveling gear, it probably will be a bit tough. In the first town look for the Adventuring Supplies vendor; you can get some cheap gear that'll catch you up. :)
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#29angrywalrus13Posted 12/24/2012 10:17:32 AM
Townlong as a melee is hoo boy
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#30UvalierPosted 12/24/2012 3:49:36 PM(edited)
It's definitely been the most difficult experience I've had solo levelling since pre-2007. Bad pulls can be unforgiving, and I've even died multiple times on a non-elite boss (don't remember the name, enemy human Alliance captain as part of Horde Jade Forest quest line). I wouldn't call it objectively "hard," but after 85 levels where careful play is rarely required, it is certainly a change.