This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone explain what is Transmog to me? Haven't played since WotLK.

#1SecretCrowdsPosted 12/26/2012 4:08:20 AM
What is it all about?
#2Little ZardarPosted 12/26/2012 4:09:36 AM
Fashion.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2EJdw.gif
Rogue PvP in a nutshell.
#3OniLink5000Posted 12/26/2012 4:10:04 AM
lookin sexy
---
This post was provided by the annual financial support from viewers like you.
#4ElaeusPosted 12/26/2012 4:10:54 AM
lookin' hawt
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#5Lightning BoltPosted 12/26/2012 4:11:07 AM
Being a strong black woman who don't need no man.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#6SecretCrowds(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 4:11:14 AM
So its just for Aesthetics? What do I do to get started on this?
#7ti83magicPosted 12/26/2012 4:26:12 AM
Pure fun. I remember getting a full dreadmist (warlock) set on my rogue, back in the days. Had to solo everything, in crappy AH gear. but man was it fun turning up in groups wearing my lock set.
---
I hope it's rehab for your atrocious spelling. ~ Perfect Light
*you're. fail less. ~ HesOurYou
#8redundanciesPosted 12/26/2012 7:56:02 AM
SecretCrowds posted...
So its just for Aesthetics? What do I do to get started on this?

It is just for aesthetics. There are ethereal NPCs in Orgrimmar, Stormwind and the Alliance and Horde capitals in Pandaria that will exchange the look of one item for another that you currently have.

Note that you have to have the item and there are certain restrictions (you can't use gray items for instance, and the armor types have to match), but it allows you to use the armor models of something you like. My favorite transmog is using the squid-staff from Terestian Illhoof.
#9Myrkr_OrmrPosted 12/29/2012 5:03:39 PM(edited)
Yea, its fun stuff. But it basically has these limitations:

You may only transmogrify gear of the same type (ie, one-hand to one-hand, Plate to Plate, etc) The exception is that Bows can transmog with crossbows and guns, and vice versa.

You cannot transmog items to look like Legendaries (orange gear).

Greys and Whites cannot be used in transmogging, the item you wish to use, must be Green or higher and have some sort of Bonus on it (+1STR, +2hit, Etc)

You cannot use joke gear for transmogging (Invisible Vest, fish daggers, etc)

Transmogged items also become Soulbound, so make sure you are certain when using an item that is not soulbound yet.

You must be at the appropriate level if you wish to transmog whatever item you are wanting to use.

And of course, you do not get any extra stat bonuses for transmogging an item, the purpose is simply cosmetic.

Now dont quote me on it, but i heard a rumor that in a future update, Blizzard is going to allow transmoggrifications between weapons that have a similar animation (Polearms to staves, one hand swords with one hand axes, etc)
not sure if its true, but if it is, that will open up even more possibilities!
---
"What humans do not understand, they fear..and what humans fear, they attempt to destroy."~Goliath, GARGOYLES
DFO Main: MyrkrOrmr
#10MegaSlushPosted 12/29/2012 11:19:48 PM
^ and they'll remove the dumb "no main hand on one-hand weapons" restriction.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Check profile for more.
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1