The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

pandaria mining

#1tuoliPosted 12/27/2012 5:56:58 AM
ghost iron ore sells only like 40g stack and bars 80g..trilluims veins seems to be hyper rare..is there not zone like wintergrasp was in wrath where you can make gold with mining?
#2Greggbird33Posted 12/27/2012 5:58:43 AM
tuoli posted...
ghost iron ore sells only like 40g stack and bars 80g..trilluims veins seems to be hyper rare..is there not zone like wintergrasp was in wrath where you can make gold with mining?

Is 40 gold a stack not enough. Without even trying you can fill your bags with the stuff, and since you didn't spend anything to get it it, you are making gold.
---
This guy are sick.
#3VeliconisPosted 12/27/2012 6:00:27 AM
Not really from what I've seen. All the areas have lots of Ghost Iron Ore or Rich Ghost Iron Ore nodes and very few Trillium.

The only time you will consistently find something different, which are Kryparite (I believe that's how it's spelled, anyway) nodes is if you're around those Sha infested places and the likes.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
#4therad00Posted 12/27/2012 6:04:23 AM
I can't speak for mining as I don't have a miner that high in level, but I can say for sure that on my server, the mountains of Kun-Lai overflow with herbs that no one seems to want to go pick.

I'd wager a guess that those same mountains are probably full of mining nodes that no one goes after also. That doesn't fix your problem that the stacks sell for cheap, but you might be able to fill your bags faster there. *Shrug*
---
PSN: therad85
#5VeliconisPosted 12/27/2012 6:24:47 AM
If anything, TC, try farming ore in one of the lower level areas as a vast majority of the time there are enemies around the node or somewhere near them. With the way enemies are grouped together so much in MoP, having to take time to clear out several mobs before being able to mine a node will start to get tiresome.

But if you do it in one of the lower level areas, they'll drop much faster or not aggro you at all.

There really doesn't seem to be a lack of nodes in any of the areas whether it's the starting area or Dead Wastes. You fill up your bags rather quickly without even realizing it regardless of where you're at.

On my DK who has Herbalism, I got 500 stacks of Green Tea Leaf (I know they're worth squat, but still) without even trying to farm them just from picking them up as I went along while questing and doing dailies. I also got plenty of Silkweed and Fool's Cap along the way, with the occasional Golden Lotus.

I've only got 2 stacks of Golden Lotus through all of my findings. They are rare as hell, just like Trillium.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.