This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the best place for an 85 to farm for motes of harmony?

#1Kinny100Posted 12/28/2012 3:24:56 AM
you can't buy them right?
---
http://i.imgur.com/riPcH.jpg
#2DrkMagicianPosted 12/28/2012 5:10:15 AM
Asuming ur not trolling, no, u cant buy them from other players or npcs.

If you grind Tillers repuation to Revered or better u can grow them on ur farm. And u can supposedly farm them using a group of people at the bird nesting site north of Stormstout Brewery, altho i dont know if thats still current.

Oh, reread the title, I wouldnt worry about motes of harmony too much at 85, as u cant use most of the stuff you make with them until you level cap.
#3LanceFlugermanPosted 12/28/2012 5:18:57 AM
Can't you buy them for honor at the panda land pvp vendor? I know at 90 but idk aboot 85.
---
Ma Ma Se Ma Ma Sa Ma Ma Coo Sa.
#4PanzerscrapPosted 12/28/2012 5:52:58 AM
I don't think you can buy them at all yet, though they are used as currency.

You can "farm" them at Halfhill, but unless 5.2 changed it I'm pretty sure you can't start the Tiller farming stuff till 90.

So, at 85, to farm motes you'd just have to randomly kill mobs. I have three 90s, and have noticed some disparity in drop rates. I did not try to farm them until 90 with any character.

90 Priest: earned 7 Songs of Harmony between 85-90.
90 Shaman: Earned 2.5 Songs of Harmony between 85-90
90 Hunter: earned 5.

Contrast that with the following: one day of dailies (Golden Lotus, Shado-pan, and maybe August Celestials) nets me about one and a half. If I run some dungeons or scenarios, even more. I would argue it is infinitely more efficient to get Songs at 90, and that farming them pre-90 is nearly impossible.
#5HakPosted 12/28/2012 6:10:37 AM
DrkMagician posted...
Asuming ur not trolling, no, u cant buy them from other players or npcs.

If you grind Tillers repuation to Revered or better u can grow them on ur farm. And u can supposedly farm them using a group of people at the bird nesting site north of Stormstout Brewery, altho i dont know if thats still current.

Oh, reread the title, I wouldnt worry about motes of harmony too much at 85, as u cant use most of the stuff you make with them until you level cap.

Actually, you can't get Tillers to Revered until 90. The rep you get from harvesting a crop doesn't kick in until 90 - try to harvest at 89 (or earlier) and you get zero rep - and you don't get quests until 90 to boost rep with them.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#6LanceFlugermanPosted 12/28/2012 9:32:26 AM
LanceFlugerman posted...
Can't you buy them for honor at the panda land pvp vendor? I know at 90 but idk aboot 85.

/ scratches head

Idk if this idea is even worth looking into. Seems like this guy is full of **** all the time.

Let's continue posting different methods of using the farm or killing mobs over and over for the lowest possible drop rates ever.
---
Ma Ma Se Ma Ma Sa Ma Ma Coo Sa.
#7halomonkey1_3_5Posted 12/28/2012 9:49:16 AM
There are level 86 turtles in VotFW i know you can kill(drop Turtle Meat, can be skinned, and have really fast respawns), and there is a cave in Kun-Lai you can farm full of 87's, but i dont think there is anywhere great for 85.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#8HakPosted 12/28/2012 10:04:13 AM
Didn't they fix those turtles so they don't drop Motes any more?
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#9CGoblinsPosted 12/28/2012 10:43:03 AM
Why?

Loremastering Pandaria will get you a lot of motes, but you won't stay 85. This question perplexes me.
---
PSN: CGoblin
Playing: UO and M&M: World of Xeen
#10angrywalrus13Posted 12/28/2012 1:54:37 PM
You can buy a Mote of Harmony for 400 Honor and a Spirit of Harmony for 600 Conquest at the Pandaria PvP vendors.

Probably not worth doing at 85, but hey, worth throwing out for other people who were unawares.
---
Thomx
like tommicks