This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

this is why PvP is better than PvE

#11spacecowboymikePosted 12/29/2012 12:08:01 AM
I'd love to see all forms of pvp dropped from wow. Would be such a better game.
#12SabramPosted 12/29/2012 12:14:48 AM
spacecowboymike posted...

Not all forms i think, just the rated ones. Aside from a World First toast, there's no rankings or ratings (officially) for PvE content. Anyone during an xpac can get a special mount for doing achieves in a raid, or sometimes during the NEXT xpac. There's no reason to make the PvPers the "special snowflakes" and give them ratings, rewards based on ratings, etc. Especially since this is supposed to be a mainly PvE game.
---
Official Lightsword & Bowshieldgun of the MH3U Board.
Gamertag: Sabram PSN: Sabram
#13The_AbhorrentPosted 12/29/2012 12:52:02 AM
Pardon the intrusion... but after all this time, the sheer pointlessness of this argument still eludes me. Then again, so does much the near-mindless drivel which passes for the typical "discussion" around here.

Then again, my ventures since departing this game have definitely expanded; it does make any game which demands an exorbitant time commitment to "enjoy" not worth my time. Discussing frivolities concerning these "games" (the term "timesink" being more appropriate, and it's not preceded by the adjective "fun" either), even less so.

.... However, I suppose it wouldn't do any harm. The holidays have caused my other affairs to slow to crawl until after the new year; leaving me somewhat subject to boredom, as well as inviting in curiosity and bile fascination.

So how about it? Both parties may present their case as to why PvE or PvP is the preferred form of gameplay. A challenge it may be, but trying to weigh them as fairly as possible (as well as deciphering the posts, which are just as incoherent as ever) in terms of overall entertainment value would prove to be an interesting diversion.

If not, I'll just head back to making silly challenges in Skyrim:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1aHY8wvU7E
---
He who isn't afraid to stand by his ideals...
Isn't afraid to stand alone.
#14LanceFlugermanPosted 12/29/2012 1:59:46 AM
Nothin wrong with bein a neck. Red meat, p***y and beer.
---
Ma Ma Se Ma Ma Sa Ma Ma Coo Sa.
#15BIMHBPosted 12/29/2012 12:00:03 PM
Sabram posted...
spacecowboymike posted...

Not all forms i think, just the rated ones. Aside from a World First toast, there's no rankings or ratings (officially) for PvE content. Anyone during an xpac can get a special mount for doing achieves in a raid, or sometimes during the NEXT xpac. There's no reason to make the PvPers the "special snowflakes" and give them ratings, rewards based on ratings, etc. Especially since this is supposed to be a mainly PvE game.

Typical response from a generic beta male. You are the type of person who wants to ban dodge ball from school and wants sports teams to not keep score and "just play for fun!". Sorry if some of us actually have a competitive bone in our body.
---
Bush is my homeboy.
#16RomeoMinolaPosted 12/29/2012 12:11:29 PM(edited)
Sabram posted...
I never take anything that happens or that i do inside the game, to outside of the game. I might discuss something with another person that plays, or talk about a cool thing I or someone else did, but I never let it affect how i do things in my life.

And yet you were the only person here to get riled up enough about a joke topic to post a very obviously defensive wall of text.

Sabram posted...

Maybe... just maybe it's because PvP has players fighting players and the ratings are there to help match make players with equal skill levels. To make sure lower skilled teams can still enjoy PvP instead of getting used as fooder for Elitists. Perhaps it's because the simple fact that we enjoy fighting against other players means that PvPers are generally a very competitive bunch and we would compete for our rewards rather than have them spoon fed to us. Out of curiousity; has anyone ever told you you're a bit... daft?
#17MakeHatePosted 12/29/2012 1:52:17 PM
Fake or not, it was an entertaining read. I'd like to think that it's real, just to make it a little better.
---
"but you still have to use a keyboard which was made for word processing back in the early 90s with MSdos" -The_Big_Deek
#18Lightning BoltPosted 12/29/2012 5:35:19 PM
So how about it? Both parties may present their case as to why PvE or PvP is the preferred form of gameplay.

PVE has the all of the storyline, a large amount of the balance focus, and the vast majority of content updates; PVP has the most whiners. PVP wasn't even a thing for ages, it got tacked on post release.
PVE game, nuff said.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#19thelastmohiganPosted 12/29/2012 6:07:11 PM(edited)
There is a reason mlg, or anyone else for that matter, don't care about wow pvp. It has never been, and probably never will , be balanced. I understand some people prefer pvp over pve but to try to argue for it's dominanance is just ignorant.
#20whiteshadow22Posted 12/29/2012 6:08:52 PM
Lightning Bolt posted...
So how about it? Both parties may present their case as to why PvE or PvP is the preferred form of gameplay.

PVE has the all of the storyline, a large amount of the balance focus, and the vast majority of content updates; PVP has the most whiners. PVP wasn't even a thing for ages, it got tacked on post release.
PVE game, nuff said.

/topic
---
Weapons need to stay the same other than bows/xbows/guns. This is to prevent noobs being owned by 85s in tuxedos wielding flowers...like wtf?-Rydethetiger