This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does a SPriest solo Kael Thas?

#1TaintedPerineumPosted 12/28/2012 11:17:23 PM
Seems as tho I am getting interupted all the time when fighting the 4 guys at once.

Tips?
---
http://www.reddit.com/r/picturesofiansleeping
#2AceronPosted 12/28/2012 11:21:36 PM
Either take the hit to your DPS and use the staff, or you have to run back through the door while Kael is giving his opening speech and kite the advisors so they're spread out all over the instance. (Which would probably take a lot longer than just using the staff)
---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL
#3TaintedPerineum(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 11:34:04 PM
Either take the hit to your DPS and use the staff, or you have to run back through the door while Kael is giving his opening speech and kite the advisors so they're spread out all over the instance. (Which would probably take a lot longer than just using the staff)

So I just tried this and it seemed that whenever I equipped the staff it didnt give me the shield. What am I doing wrong?
---
http://www.reddit.com/r/picturesofiansleeping
#4saLUEtesPosted 12/28/2012 11:37:06 PM
The buff is on use, so you have to "use" the staff once it's equipped.

It doesn't immune you to fear, however.
---
One of the rational heads of the MapleStory board
Logic, Fairness and Impartiality
#5KokeiiPosted 12/28/2012 11:38:41 PM
saLUEtes posted...
The buff is on use, so you have to "use" the staff once it's equipped.

It doesn't immune you to fear, however.

Good thing priests have fear ward. :) But anyway yeah, just use the staff. I find I can solo this easier on my shadow priest than some of my other classes.
#6pengalorPosted 12/28/2012 11:40:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7Linkmaster2k3Posted 12/29/2012 12:04:36 AM
Dot advisors, run around, keep shield/renew/mending up. I can do it fine at 85.
---
XBL gamertag/Playstation Network ID:
NerfPaladins06
#8Supreme Bum 01Posted 12/29/2012 11:52:48 AM
faceroll at 90 as long as you equip and USE the staff. the advisers still throw you around a bit but focus fire them down and you will be fine
---
Supreme Bum 01
#9so2helpPosted 12/29/2012 12:52:24 PM
at lvl 90 all you need to do is

1)kill the first 2 advisors in the back of the room.

2) kill the last 2 by kael, or as close as you can get.

equip and use staff, u will get a buff. Make sure this is up when the advisors spawn.

nuke cappernian(sp) the caster, drop dots on the engineer. these 2 should die pretty quick. Since you have fear ward, you won't have deal with the first fear the melee mob does.

If the big slow guy catches up to you, let him punt you across the room. You don't want to be near him, since he silences you.

once cappernian and the engineer go down, check your debuffs. If remote toy has worn off, feel free to equip your nomal wpns. Run around, dot and kill remaining adds.

For kael (do not summon your fiend) nuke him hard, you should be able to get him below 50% before he does pyro. If for some reason your dps is to low, then equip the mace that the wpns dropped. With the mace equipped you can cast a heal on yourself, which will reduce his pyro/fire dmg by 50%.

phase 5- just nuke him, stay away during gravity lapse.

*note- You will get disoriented if you use your normal wpns against kael. Use the staff to avoid this. When he does an arcane explosion, switch to your wpn for 20 seconds or so, then switch back to the staff and reapply deuff. At lvl 90 you can pretty much ignore this though,.