This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else feels that Pandaria is kind of faceless?

#11Little ZardarPosted 12/29/2012 7:00:47 AM
Nightbird_X posted...
WoTLK was faceless because it had faceless ones.

the execution of that joke was weak as hell
---
http://i.imgur.com/2EJdw.gif
Rogue PvP in a nutshell.
#12TheSteelPhoenixPosted 12/29/2012 7:03:27 AM
Little Zardar posted...
Nightbird_X posted...

maybe he should have tried a little zarder to make it funny?
---
C'mon Obama,lets stomp this economy into the ground. I'd rather get our economic collapse over with while I'm young and strong and have a chance of surviving.
#13ElaeusPosted 12/29/2012 8:17:21 AM
TheSteelPhoenix posted...
Little Zardar posted...
Nightbird_X posted...

maybe he should have tried a little zarder to make it funny?

You ain't helping anyone's case here either.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#14PanzerscrapPosted 12/29/2012 8:36:19 AM
I disagree. I wish the Mogu fit into the WoW continuity a little better, but I like that the Pandaren and Yaungol are continuations of the the "native Azerothian" thread, the Pandaren and Mogu ascendance are continuations of the Titan machinery improves life idea, the Mantid and the Sha are an interesting take on the relationship between the Aqir and the Old Gods.

MoP has a lot of personality. Whether you like that personality is your own choice, I won't chide those that do not.

Cata, on the other hand, was faceless. Deathwing was bad. Everyone that was pro DW was bad. Everyone was anti-DW was good. It was like an 80s cartoon, very black and white.

Wrath was the best, I agree with you there.
#15Hikaru_IrvingPosted 12/29/2012 8:40:53 AM
@OP

Cataclysm was where I felt like players didn't matter in the story.

I liked the mantid and the saurok and the Sha, but I feel like the Yaungol and mogu are fairly meh. Mogu, it's like ... 'kay? It's fine to want to reclaim your race's former glory and all, but other than that, I don't really know anything of them, they're bad just to be bad, feels like.

Yaungol got forced out of their Townlong homes and invaded Kun-Lai. Badabing, badaboom. I'd like to know how they feel about the tauren and vice-versa.
---
Because when I logged off, the last thing I heard was a creepy sounding "I LIED"~Blaze
#16ElaeusPosted 12/29/2012 9:36:43 AM
Panzerscrap posted...

Cata, on the other hand, was faceless. Deathwing was bad. Everyone that was pro DW was bad. Everyone was anti-DW was good. It was like an 80s cartoon, very black and white.

That's your opinion, does not mean it should come even close to right.

Deathwing was very climatic and atmospheric and that gave the game an end world theme which was cool. Pandaria on the other hand, it feels like it has no goal at all.

See what I did there? But hey, at least I won't force it as a fact.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#17ChaoticKanePosted 12/29/2012 10:44:22 AM
Elaeus posted...
Panzerscrap posted...

Deathwing was very climatic and atmospheric and that gave the game an end world theme which was cool. Pandaria on the other hand, it feels like it has no goal at all.

That's because MoP has a progressive storyline, where not everything is laid out from the start, we actually get to see things going on over time, how the conflicts are progressing.

Cata and Wrath you knew it would just end in this big attack on Deathwing or the Lich King from the start and nothing much changed in the world. In Wrath there was Ulduar which was pretty much a complete side story irrelevant to the main plot, and ToC which while it had some limited story implications, they were mostly irrelevant. Cata had Troll dungeons that were completely unrelated to any real story happenings, and Firelands and the factions there, which were a fair attempt at a sense of progression, but didn't have that great a feel to it. Dragon Soul and the last 5 mans were a convoluted attempt to shove as much lore down your throat as possible to make it seem like Deathwing was actually a good villain.

In my opinion, Pandaria is handling story progression much better than the previous expansions, and it seems to be finding it's focus now with the faction rep quests showing Garrosh's anger and evil tendencies growing. He's not that endearing of a villain, but at least the story is fleshing itself out. There's still a good deal of this xpac left to see, so final judgements need to be withheld anyway.
---
But lets not forget how deadly the zerg were in Starship troopers! Well until the Terrans got Marauders. - julbull73
#18ElaeusPosted 12/29/2012 10:48:03 AM
ChaoticKane posted...
Elaeus posted...
Panzerscrap posted...

That's because MoP has a progressive storyline, where not everything is laid out from the start, we actually get to see things going on over time, how the conflicts are progressing.

Cata and Wrath you knew it would just end in this big attack on Deathwing or the Lich King from the start and nothing much changed in the world. In Wrath there was Ulduar which was pretty much a complete side story irrelevant to the main plot, and ToC which while it had some limited story implications, they were mostly irrelevant. Cata had Troll dungeons that were completely unrelated to any real story happenings, and Firelands and the factions there, which were a fair attempt at a sense of progression, but didn't have that great a feel to it. Dragon Soul and the last 5 mans were a convoluted attempt to shove as much lore down your throat as possible to make it seem like Deathwing was actually a good villain.

In my opinion, Pandaria is handling story progression much better than the previous expansions, and it seems to be finding it's focus now with the faction rep quests showing Garrosh's anger and evil tendencies growing. He's not that endearing of a villain, but at least the story is fleshing itself out. There's still a good deal of this xpac left to see, so final judgements need to be withheld anyway.

I am not arguing against that, I prefer the Pandaria story telling method. I was arguing against calilng Cata out in particular just because someone personally didn't like it doesn't mean others didn't enjoy the hell out of it.
---
#19angrywalrus13Posted 12/29/2012 10:52:47 AM
For being the delivery boy for the end of the world, Deathwing didn't feel very dangerous. <_<

Also, I love the mogu as enemies. They aren't corrupted or twisted or anything. They're just straight-up jerks who seriously believe that they should be in charge because they're strong and that everyone else should serve them.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#20ElaeusPosted 12/29/2012 11:10:53 AM(edited)
angrywalrus13 posted...
For being the delivery boy for the end of the world, Deathwing didn't feel very dangerous. <_<

On the contrary, actually.

1- Changing the face of the world from what we are used to for years, that was reflected pretty well.
2- Having him roam in zones scorching everything in his path randomly.
3- Working with the Old Gods, and recruiting few of their most dangerous creations to his will.
4- Having a very dangerous cult under his command.

I could go on, but if that doesn't feel dark and VERY end of world threatening to you, then sorry you have something wrong into your own identification to that concept.
---