This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best DK build for PVE?

#1Morael_ThelPosted 12/29/2012 2:40:51 PM
I'm on my first character (lvl 40 Worgen warrior) and I'm grinding to 55 so I can start a DK build. I've only heard a little about DK's and I was wondering what is likely to be the best method for doing PVE with my friends. I do a lot of solo'ing, so I don't prefer to tank. Also, I'll be using a two hander, if any of that information narrows it down. Thanks in advance for the help.
#2Nightbird_XPosted 12/29/2012 2:46:43 PM
Morael_Thel posted...
I'm on my first character (lvl 40 Worgen warrior) and I'm grinding to 55 so I can start a DK build. I've only heard a little about DK's and I was wondering what is likely to be the best method for doing PVE with my friends. I do a lot of solo'ing, so I don't prefer to tank. Also, I'll be using a two hander, if any of that information narrows it down. Thanks in advance for the help.

Tank builds are generally the easiest to solo with; Blood, the Tank spec for DKs, is the easiest and best spec to solo with in the game (except perhaps Hunter, but they are extremely close).
---
I'm told I look a lot like Rory Macdonald - http://i46.tinypic.com/2eyf5sy.jpg
Set to WARNED status for being a Republican on 11/08/2012
#3emidasPosted 12/29/2012 2:53:32 PM
Actually, Blood with DPS gear is the best with the few exceptions you need tank gear
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#4Morael_Thel(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 2:54:01 PM
Nightbird_X posted...
Morael_Thel posted...

Tank builds are generally the easiest to solo with; Blood, the Tank spec for DKs, is the easiest and best spec to solo with in the game (except perhaps Hunter, but they are extremely close).

Ah, shows what I know. So I should stick to the blood tree if I'm going to solo. That's probably what I'll go with then.
#5pengalorPosted 12/29/2012 3:07:41 PM
Morael_Thel posted...
Nightbird_X posted...
Morael_Thel posted...

Ah, shows what I know. So I should stick to the blood tree if I'm going to solo. That's probably what I'll go with then.

To clarify, they are talking about soloing old raids and dungeons. Blood is ok for just questing alone but Frost would probably be better since Blood's damage is not amazing.
---
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z167/Pengalor/sig_2copy.jpg
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/pengalor/advanced
#6Morael_Thel(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 3:10:09 PM
pengalor posted...
Morael_Thel posted...
Nightbird_X posted...
Morael_Thel posted...

To clarify, they are talking about soloing old raids and dungeons. Blood is ok for just questing alone but Frost would probably be better since Blood's damage is not amazing.

Okay. Is Frost viable if you don't dual wield?
#7GForceDragonPosted 12/29/2012 3:49:38 PM
Morael_Thel posted...

It's best if you do, but you can get by with a two-handed weapon.
---
"GFAQs just like to put a bone in the dick for you and cause complications." - Elaeus
#8aLINKinthechainPosted 12/29/2012 3:56:35 PM
GForceDragon posted...
Morael_Thel posted...

2h frost is currently the better spec between the two, and tier14 is itemized better for 2 hand... however I play DW and I'm only slightly lower next to my equally geared 2h raid mate.
My point is DW or 2h doesnt matter until you're talking about heroic gear, until then they are pretty much the same. 2h also stacks crit, and I avoid RNG as best as I can.
---
GT: thatKevinkid
the first man on the moon was soma, and he got there by yorick jumping.
#9Lightning BoltPosted 12/29/2012 4:23:03 PM
Go Frost.
Alone, spam Obliterate and Frost Strike. In dungeons for AoE, spam Howling Blast and Frost Strike.

Everything will be amazing.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#10Morael_Thel(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 4:33:27 PM
aLINKinthechain posted...
GForceDragon posted...
Morael_Thel posted...

2h frost is currently the better spec between the two, and tier14 is itemized better for 2 hand... however I play DW and I'm only slightly lower next to my equally geared 2h raid mate.
My point is DW or 2h doesnt matter until you're talking about heroic gear, until then they are pretty much the same. 2h also stacks crit, and I avoid RNG as best as I can.

Really? I've heard the opposite. That DW is better than 2h for frost.