This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Disruptron = Blizzard's Middle Finger to melee Brawlers

#11Right_Chus_1Posted 1/4/2013 12:55:08 PM
Im pretty sure they wanted to overtune it to give it longevity. Nothing more really. Sure you can finish it if you are super geared (for most classes) but for the masses decked in heroic blues with LFR gear sprinkled in, it wasnt tuned to be beat this tier, possiby not even next tier. The tier after that though you should be able to get the easy mode most are looking for,
#12Lightning BoltPosted 1/4/2013 1:05:52 PM
it's first patch relax, anyone remember tol barad dailies? then came firelands and they were cake? same concept, wait til you get more gear. the fist heirloom isn't that cool.

idgaf about the rewards, I just like doing fun things. It's why I keep passing on loot, I have 492 and I feel that's good enough for this patch to do all the content, while my cotank is a loot whore.

But yeah I'll just end up waiting. It's not so much that I'm upset over enrage being the only difficulty as it is that I was hoping for something more out of the guild than gearchecks. >.>
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#13BobTDonutPosted 1/4/2013 1:06:36 PM
Lightning Bolt posted...
Ridiculous enrages in general are a middle finger to people who thought this would be skill based.

Pumping out insane amounts of DPS is a skill.

It's more of a gearcheck tbh.
There's some skill to dpsing well, but in the end if you don't have awesome dps gear you're hosed. My set is tank gear mostly so screw me. >.<

I've seen people walking around in an average 496 or better ilv this tier and couldn't DPS themselves out of a paper bag.

Also, if you have the proper skill to maximize your rotation while dodging the various obstacles, you'll realize it takes much less gear than you think to complete the rank 8s.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/SpVUU.jpg
#14Lightning BoltPosted 1/4/2013 1:15:35 PM
Also, if you have the proper skill to maximize your rotation while dodging the various obstacles, you'll realize it takes much less gear than you think to complete the rank 8s.

But I have so much parry!
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#15Over_9000_Posted 1/4/2013 1:19:25 PM
redundancies posted...
Lightning Bolt posted...
Ridiculous enrages in general are a middle finger to people who thought this would be skill based.

Having the gear to DO said DPS isn't necessarily a skill though.
#16ChrazidPosted 1/4/2013 1:23:18 PM
Over_9000_ posted...
redundancies posted...
Lightning Bolt posted...

How do you figure?
Skill = heroic kills
Heroic kills = heroic gear
#17silentzed(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 1:47:07 PM
I can hit enrage on all of them.

I've killed the eye, have gotten Millhouse to below 5%, have almost downed Epicus and have hit enrage every.single.time. on Disruptron. avoiding the lasers and discs is kind of meh. Not inherently hard, just requires you to pay attention, but having to dodge...while keeping up a tight rotation...while attacking a perpetually moving target? Bonkers.

Maximum I have maintained on him is 72k DPS, and I think it's around 84k. Currently at 491 ilevel equipped, so I do have a bit of ways to go gearwise. Makes sense, but for some reason hoping that throwing myself at it over and over again, getting progressively better would net me the kill, but it does feel like even with everything going perfectly, I still can't quite pump out the required for the kill.

Millhouse is just RNG, and I know I can get him just so long as I have better crystal placements, but knowing this also doesn't motivate me to actually down it. Skill based challenge has an enjoyable reward. RNG based challenge doesn't exactly pay off. It's like, huh, I got lucky vs. Yeah, I earned the **** out of that.
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#18silentzed(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 2:08:21 PM
BobTDonut posted...
Lightning Bolt posted...

It's more of a gearcheck tbh.
There's some skill to dpsing well, but in the end if you don't have awesome dps gear you're hosed. My set is tank gear mostly so screw me. >.<

I've seen people walking around in an average 496 or better ilv this tier and couldn't DPS themselves out of a paper bag.

I'll agree to this. It should also be noted I am doing this as Arms, so I know I am doing this with a subpar spec, but I haven't been able to secure ANY 1 handed weapons, even the 476 LFR axes from Elegon. That paired with the fact I hate TG, I will stick with Arms until I can get something better than 463(471) weapons.
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#19KrozardPosted 1/4/2013 2:17:45 PM
Chrazid posted...
Over_9000_ posted...
redundancies posted...
Lightning Bolt posted...

How do you figure?
Skill = heroic kills

What would you say about this though?
in DS, my mage ran LFR one time, and got his 4-set. A week later he had 3/4 normal mode set. 2 weeks later he was in a decent amount of heroic gear (4 pieces)

My hunter: Got LFR 4-set bonus after 2 weeks. Reached 4/4 normal mode 2 weeks after that. I eventually got 2 pieces of heroic gear, but never passed ilvl 393, because I couldn't win a trinket (Was using the 359 JP trinket, because the VP one had haste on it, and vial of shadows wouldn't drop once)

My Rogue:Ran LFR 12+ times, never got more than my 2-set. Eventually was able to get into a guild and do some normal modes, again, never made it to my 4-set. Lost Vial of Shadows 3 times (in the same raid). One of them was heroic.

In all, my Rogue ended up with the most progression, but due to terrible RNG, he was the worst geared. (seriously, my tier stuff didn't even drop 90% of the time)
---
this space intentionally left blank
#20ChrazidPosted 1/4/2013 4:13:15 PM
Krozard posted...
Chrazid posted...
Over_9000_ posted...
redundancies posted...
Lightning Bolt posted...

How do you figure?
Skill = heroic kills

What would you say about this though?
in DS, my mage ran LFR one time, and got his 4-set. A week later he had 3/4 normal mode set. 2 weeks later he was in a decent amount of heroic gear (4 pieces)

My hunter: Got LFR 4-set bonus after 2 weeks. Reached 4/4 normal mode 2 weeks after that. I eventually got 2 pieces of heroic gear, but never passed ilvl 393, because I couldn't win a trinket (Was using the 359 JP trinket, because the VP one had haste on it, and vial of shadows wouldn't drop once)

My Rogue:Ran LFR 12+ times, never got more than my 2-set. Eventually was able to get into a guild and do some normal modes, again, never made it to my 4-set. Lost Vial of Shadows 3 times (in the same raid). One of them was heroic.

In all, my Rogue ended up with the most progression, but due to terrible RNG, he was the worst geared. (seriously, my tier stuff didn't even drop 90% of the time)

It's simple. Good people have good gear, bad people have bad gear.
Blame it on RNG as much as you want, but if you were good you'd have your tier sets within the first month.