This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Surprised the Argent Crusade or Ebon Blade aren't active in Pandaria.

#1Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 1/5/2013 3:45:20 PM
You'd think they'd at least send a small detachment to check things out.

Granted, I'm sure the Ebon Blade would have a heck of a time dealing with Sha, but at the same time, it might help them understand themselves a bit better.
---
For topical discussions of the Source Mod remake of Half Life: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683833-black-mesa
#2MegawizardPosted 1/5/2013 4:01:02 PM
The Crusade was formed as a counter to the undead threat, so I doubt they really care. And the Ebon Blade really only cares about Death Knights; they helped the Crusade because stopping the Lich King meant they wouldn't have to worry about being controlled again by him. So that goal done I doubt they feel like potentially subjecting themselves en masse to another threat with that potential.
---
^( ' ' )^
#3Ness0123456789Posted 1/5/2013 5:29:43 PM(edited)
Technically the Death Knight the Player controlls are the representatives of the Ebon Blade. While they may have allegiances to the Alliance and Horde, they're still part of the Knights of the Ebon Blade.

As for the Argent Crusade, Megawizard pretty much hit the nail on the head as to why they're no in Pandaria.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#4oniskiethPosted 1/5/2013 5:18:32 PM
Argent Crusade is busy cleaning out the magical fires in Stratholme.
---
Roy's our boy!
One man's sunset is another man's dawn.
#5inferiorweaselPosted 1/5/2013 10:48:46 PM
oniskieth posted...
Argent Crusade is busy cleaning out the magical fires in Stratholme.

They're also clensing the plague lands with the Earthen Ring. If you compare WPL of Vanilla to WPL of cataclysm it's a aignificantly lush and vibrant zone now.

As are some parts of EPL.

So the Crusade is back to the Argent Dawn and they are very active in the Plaguelands while the previous poster mentioned that the Ebon Blade are all deathknights. So now you know where they are in the lore as it stands for MoP.
---
Live and Learn / Forgiveness is Divine.
(Read those. If you still feel the same way.... Well, you are redcount. - Vyyk)
#6Sac!Posted 1/6/2013 6:34:03 AM
I don't think they really have the means to get to Pandaria, frankly.

1st problem: The Alliance and Horde are sailing to Pandaria en-mass, that makes it pretty hard for smaller factions to wanna go there and potentially get in the way or caught in the crossfire.

2nd problem: Neither faction really has a valid reason to go to Pandaria in the 1st place. The Ebon Blade only really stayed together to fight the Lich King, and (now I could be wrong here) but the plague quests involving Thasarrian and whatever the belf DKs is, imply that the Ebon Blade broke up and the various DKs went back to their racial factions. And even if the Ebon Blade itself isn't disbanded, they are still an undead fighting faction and so far there's been no major undead or scourge activity on Pandaria (Sha are a different beast altogether)

As for the Argent Crusade...well they're neutral, making it extremely unlikely they'd get involve in an Alliance/Horde conflict, and they are also focused pretty heavily on helping the Cenarion Circle restore Lordaeron (IE: The Plaguelands). They have other fish to fry.

Lastly, neither faction has access to a navy, and so even if they WANT to go to Pandaria, they can't.
---
HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy entry for "Sac!":
Mostly Australian
#7NeilJWDPosted 1/6/2013 6:42:59 AM
^
That logistics is a big issue. Maybe 1 or 2 two representatives traveling on a horde ship, but no means of an army.
---
ARGH! Someone gave me some goggles and a spork,
I don't know what the goggles do but I'm gouging my eyes out with the spork!
~Dudeboy