This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm a total noob, gimme some quick starter tips.

#1ChriSquared222Posted 1/6/2013 12:51:00 PM
Never played WoW, currently downloading the trial.

Best starter class?

Any quick tips?

How much is this game gonna cost me?

Etc etc. Thanks!
---
Having some fun with Peggle. Watch this and I will <3 you forever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxFG40-PPT0
#2MegaSlushPosted 1/6/2013 12:58:03 PM(edited)
Don't play on a PvP server. Ignore anyone who tells you otherwise.
Play on a PvE, medium-high population server. Depends on your faction/region, I'm sure someone will tell you.

Try the trial, if you want. It lasts you up to level 20.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Check profile for more.
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1
#3Right_Chus_1Posted 1/6/2013 12:57:49 PM
Play on a pvp server. Camp anyone who tells you otherwise.
#4Lightning BoltPosted 1/6/2013 12:59:39 PM(edited)
Don't be a Hunter, please. Warrior is a great start in my opinion. Fairly straightforward, very fun. I know it sounds like the most "bland" class, but really it's more about pure strength/manliness/speed than the other classes. That said, there's no class that's extremely difficult to pick up. You'll likely find, say, Warlock a bit too heavy on jargon to really pick up and play, but really just pick whichever sounds like it has the most fun "feel" to you.

As a tip: if you run out of quests and don't know where to go, make your way to a capital city. There are notice boards there that will tell you where to go.

/shrug
15 a month, plus like 50 to get the game+expansions.
I recommend just getting the battle pack, which is the base game plus two expansions. There's no reason to get the later expansions right away, all they really do is raise the level cap which doesn't matter to a level 1.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#5magnusmagneticPosted 1/6/2013 1:02:17 PM
ChriSquared222 posted...
Never played WoW, currently downloading the trial.

Best starter class?

Any quick tips?

How much is this game gonna cost me?

Etc etc. Thanks!

My advice is purchase a comfortable chair you will be sitting on your duff for long periods of time.
#6NateoriousEbilPosted 1/6/2013 1:45:08 PM
I just started the other day. I play a panda mage and a draenei paladin so far they are both very fun
---
Xbox360 GT:NateoriousEbil
#7jowephocksPosted 1/6/2013 1:54:27 PM
If you play pvp, be a rogue or druid
#8tuoliPosted 1/6/2013 2:03:55 PM
play pvp server or dont play at all
#9LORDDRAGON1995Posted 1/6/2013 2:47:07 PM
First and foremost: Whether you play PvE or PvP, as long as you don't heal, GET YOUR HIT TO THE CAP (expertise too if physical)
---
Scientia, Honor et Veritas
#10dakotah1978Posted 1/6/2013 6:14:54 PM
Tip 1: Don't come to gamefaqs for tips.

Tip 2: Whatever.
---
"This is a quote wherein someone self owned." -Someone