This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm level 85 and I don't have a profession at all

#1HighOnPhazonPosted 1/7/2013 11:35:45 PM
I mean I really haven't felt the need to stop killing mobs or doing Dungeons. I had RaF from 1-80 so those levels went by in a flash.

Now that leveling is slow I feel like i need some sort of profession to make money. Any thoughts?
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#2FluttershyPonyPosted 1/7/2013 11:39:27 PM
You're not supposed to have professions till max level.

WoW profession are pretty much just garbage hidden grinds

>I don't want professions
>they don't really make money
>it takes 1200 item crafts to max em

LOL NO U NEED THAT +50 PASSIVE STAMINA WHEN MAXING A PROFESSION U CANT JOIN OUR GUILD OR PVPS OR DUNGEONS OR PUGS OR ANYTHING IF YOU DONT MAX THEM NOW GO PAY SUSAN 20 DOLLARS FOR GOLD TO PURCHASE YOUR CRAFTING MATS!
#3Elemental_GuardPosted 1/7/2013 11:50:19 PM
Two gathering professions are always good for money, just use gatherer. The flying mount makes a world of difference.
---
Indifference is what topples civilizations. Be at one end of the spectrum.
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1586/euclid.png
#4Blue-AdeptPosted 1/8/2013 12:04:18 AM
FluttershyPony posted...
You're not supposed to have professions till max level.

WoW profession are pretty much just garbage hidden grinds

>I don't want professions
>they don't really make money
>it takes 1200 item crafts to max em

LOL NO U NEED THAT +50 PASSIVE STAMINA WHEN MAXING A PROFESSION U CANT JOIN OUR GUILD OR PVPS OR DUNGEONS OR PUGS OR ANYTHING IF YOU DONT MAX THEM NOW GO PAY SUSAN 20 DOLLARS FOR GOLD TO PURCHASE YOUR CRAFTING MATS!

Agree with the max level part, though, professions are useful during raid progression.
#5redundanciesPosted 1/8/2013 5:22:08 AM
it takes 1200 item crafts to max em

What game are you playing? The maximum level for professions is 600 and some recipes grant multiple skill points per craft.
#6c0sa n0straPosted 1/8/2013 5:35:38 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7SlyClone2kPosted 1/8/2013 6:33:14 AM
You got to spend it to make it - but JC and Enchanting. At least at max level you can grind for greens to DE for enchanting pretty easily. For JC you'll probably want mining.
---
-Because spelling isn't important on the Internet. Grow up.-
#8mrhighlife83Posted 1/8/2013 6:42:12 AM
While having maxed professions isn't at all required for normal raiding, skipping out on them indicates a lack of commitment to the character. It would make potential raid leaders think, "If he's going to slack on something so obvious, what less obvious things is he going to slack on as well?" At the very least, it warrants a few extra questions before getting a chance at a raid slot. Now, if you aren't planning to do any end game PvE or PvP, then you can feel free to do whatever you want.