Are they taking away Holy Fire in 5.2?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Are they taking away Holy Fire in 5.2?

User Info: XxRedstorMxX

XxRedstorMxX
4 years ago#1
^topic
Penn State '10

User Info: thelastmohigan

thelastmohigan
4 years ago#2
No? Why would they?

User Info: ToadstoolPeach

ToadstoolPeach
4 years ago#3
No, but you can replace it with Power Word: Solace if you want which will essentially function the same just give you mana back whenever you use it.

User Info: InfestedAdam

InfestedAdam
4 years ago#4
But the column of fire is so awesome!
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"

User Info: mestupkid185

mestupkid185
4 years ago#5
its my understanding that its actually getting a buff in 5.2

InfestedAdam
4 years ago#6
Power Word: Solace replaces Holy Fire. It deals the same damage and interacts with other spells and abilities in the same manner, but is instant, costs no mana, and restores 1% of maximum mana on each cast.

I wonder if that would make it worth casting over Holy Fire or Smite now though. My Holy Fire now hits harder than my Smite, even with the 20% boost from the glyph. And as far as I know Power Word: Solace doesn't have a cooldown.

Unless Smite does hit harder than the 5.2 Solace I can't see a reason to use Smite.

User Info: Aceron

Aceron
4 years ago#7
Solace is becoming an upgrade to Holy Fire.

Holy fire will work exactly as the glyphed holy fire does now. However if you spec power word: Solace, it will change the name of Holy fire to Power Word; Solace, and reduce its mana cost to -1% of base mana.
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL

User Info: BonzoForLyfe

BonzoForLyfe
4 years ago#8
Also instant cast holy fire glyph is removed and changed to increase range on offensive atonement spells from 30 yards to 40 yards
Dispatch, Steve Nash, Fight Club.....'Nuff said

User Info: jim111589

jim111589
4 years ago#9
InfestedAdam posted...
Power Word: Solace replaces Holy Fire. It deals the same damage and interacts with other spells and abilities in the same manner, but is instant, costs no mana, and restores 1% of maximum mana on each cast.

I wonder if that would make it worth casting over Holy Fire or Smite now though. My Holy Fire now hits harder than my Smite, even with the 20% boost from the glyph. And as far as I know Power Word: Solace doesn't have a cooldown.

Unless Smite does hit harder than the 5.2 Solace I can't see a reason to use Smite.

It's getting the same cd as holy fire I believe
white fc: 1378-3538-1152

InfestedAdam
4 years ago#10
jim111589 posted...
It's getting the same cd as holy fire I believe

Well dratz, I thought the changes sounded a whee bit too good. Make sense at least, woulda been no point to cast Smite if Solace had no cooldown.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Are they taking away Holy Fire in 5.2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived