This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are they taking away Holy Fire in 5.2?

#1XxRedstorMxXPosted 1/8/2013 10:54:40 AM
^topic
---
Penn State '10
#2thelastmohiganPosted 1/8/2013 11:30:26 AM
No? Why would they?
#3ToadstoolPeachPosted 1/8/2013 12:02:53 PM
No, but you can replace it with Power Word: Solace if you want which will essentially function the same just give you mana back whenever you use it.
#4InfestedAdamPosted 1/8/2013 12:53:37 PM
But the column of fire is so awesome!
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#5mestupkid185Posted 1/8/2013 1:15:58 PM
its my understanding that its actually getting a buff in 5.2
#6InfestedAdamPosted 1/8/2013 1:34:18 PM
Power Word: Solace replaces Holy Fire. It deals the same damage and interacts with other spells and abilities in the same manner, but is instant, costs no mana, and restores 1% of maximum mana on each cast.

I wonder if that would make it worth casting over Holy Fire or Smite now though. My Holy Fire now hits harder than my Smite, even with the 20% boost from the glyph. And as far as I know Power Word: Solace doesn't have a cooldown.

Unless Smite does hit harder than the 5.2 Solace I can't see a reason to use Smite.
---
#7AceronPosted 1/8/2013 6:54:53 PM
Solace is becoming an upgrade to Holy Fire.

Holy fire will work exactly as the glyphed holy fire does now. However if you spec power word: Solace, it will change the name of Holy fire to Power Word; Solace, and reduce its mana cost to -1% of base mana.
---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL
#8BonzoForLyfePosted 1/9/2013 12:25:46 AM
Also instant cast holy fire glyph is removed and changed to increase range on offensive atonement spells from 30 yards to 40 yards
---
Dispatch, Steve Nash, Fight Club.....'Nuff said
#9jim111589Posted 1/9/2013 12:34:17 AM
InfestedAdam posted...
Power Word: Solace replaces Holy Fire. It deals the same damage and interacts with other spells and abilities in the same manner, but is instant, costs no mana, and restores 1% of maximum mana on each cast.

I wonder if that would make it worth casting over Holy Fire or Smite now though. My Holy Fire now hits harder than my Smite, even with the 20% boost from the glyph. And as far as I know Power Word: Solace doesn't have a cooldown.

Unless Smite does hit harder than the 5.2 Solace I can't see a reason to use Smite.

It's getting the same cd as holy fire I believe
---
white fc: 1378-3538-1152
#10InfestedAdamPosted 1/9/2013 12:42:09 AM
jim111589 posted...
It's getting the same cd as holy fire I believe

Well dratz, I thought the changes sounded a whee bit too good. Make sense at least, woulda been no point to cast Smite if Solace had no cooldown.
---