This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

blizzard needs to fire the piece of garbage

#31willythemailboyPosted 1/10/2013 11:37:47 AM
Hak posted...
Never had it happen once. Honestly. All the stupid "Collect 200 animal blood" etc where you end up with excess... never once had them remain in my bags after handing quests in. The argument isn't even that though - he's complaining that deleting quest items drops the quest if it's still active, which is entirely different to having a quest item remain in your bag after you handed it in.

Now you're either arguing for the sake of arguing, or arguing without reading what the argument is about in the first place.

You either A) didn't quest through Pandaria or B) didn't do it unitl after 5.1 or possibly C) are lying. Those are the only options. There were dozens of quests that left crap in your bag after you turned the quest in. AoE looting let you pick up excess quest items all the time, and only recently has it been patched so you can't pick up more than what you need.

I only had to repeat a quest once. I was cleaning out my bags and found a bunch of quest items left over. I looked up most of them on wowhead and saw other people complaining about leftovers, so I started deleting the crap - leftovers from completed quests still give the drop quest confirmation, so when I deleted an item from a still-current quest I didn't think twice about it.
---
He who laughs last, thinks fastest.
#32metroidfreakv4Posted 1/10/2013 12:21:15 PM
Well, isn't it kind of smart? You delete the quest item. You can't do the quest. I'd abandon it too. So I never had this happen, but I'm glad that it's in the game. I can't recall the last time I even had full bags though. Haha. And if I did, food is first to go, not quest items. Get bagnon so it's highlighted yellow

/feed
---
WotLK ending cinematic: Arthas:Farther.....is this over?....
Farther:no my son....the raid resets next week..
#33MegaSlushPosted 1/10/2013 1:06:14 PM
I had to repeat some quests a few times because of this too, but maybe asking to get the guy fired is a bit too much, don't you think? It's a decent idea, at least - barring these cases, which should also have been taken into consideration.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Check profile for more.
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1
#34HakPosted 1/10/2013 2:57:04 PM
willythemailboy posted...
Hak posted...
Never had it happen once. Honestly. All the stupid "Collect 200 animal blood" etc where you end up with excess... never once had them remain in my bags after handing quests in. The argument isn't even that though - he's complaining that deleting quest items drops the quest if it's still active, which is entirely different to having a quest item remain in your bag after you handed it in.

Now you're either arguing for the sake of arguing, or arguing without reading what the argument is about in the first place.

You either A) didn't quest through Pandaria or B) didn't do it unitl after 5.1 or possibly C) are lying. Those are the only options. There were dozens of quests that left crap in your bag after you turned the quest in. AoE looting let you pick up excess quest items all the time, and only recently has it been patched so you can't pick up more than what you need.

Didn't find it once. Not one time. Had 4 level 90s before 5.1, all of whom quested through Pandaria with only a few dungeon runs on the way. DK first, done every zone except for Karasang Wilds, then Priest, where I ignored half of VotFW and did Karasang Wilds instead for the Loremaster achievement, then Shaman, where I skipped Karasang again, then Warrior. On occasions, such as the "A Steady Hand" quest, I ended up with more than the required number of quest items, however they would be removed from my bags when I handed the quest in, and they stacked anyway so they weren't using up any extra slots. At no point ever did I find myself thinking "Oh darn it, I should really split the stack of 84 items down so I can throw 4 of them away" since they weren't using 2 slots in my bags.

That's been the OPs complaint - that quest items, once you have more than the required number, use more bag slots, and throwing them away drops the quest. It's patently false. Keeping the occasional quest item in your bag AFTER you hand the quest in is not something I've seen in MoP, though I did see it a lot in classic and sometimes in TBC.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#35LanceFlugermanPosted 1/10/2013 4:14:19 PM
Hak has a magical GM account that differs from ours. It sucks I know but we just have to deal with it.

Or! He bots his dailies and doesn't even notice these real player problems.
---
Ma Ma Se Ma Ma Sa Ma Ma Coo Sa.
#36King21Posted 1/10/2013 5:15:53 PM
Keeping the occasional quest item in your bag AFTER you hand the quest in is not something I've seen in MoP, though I did see it a lot in classic and sometimes in TBC.

It happened to me a lot. Unless you are in need of bag space, you probably won't notice. The Cindergut Peppers daily still does it.
---
The poster above me smells funny.....