This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what is the state of priest heals right now?

#1Jason_Kidd_2Posted 1/10/2013 9:27:59 AM
Watching a Mike Preach holy guide and he was impressed with the holy class except for their mana issues, and he didn't even make a discipline video because he didn't think it was even worth it at the time. Is this still the case?
---
Atlanta Falcons.
Come at me.
#2Glockass1Posted 1/10/2013 9:57:54 AM
Disc priest are the best healers in the game.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#3MrBigJohnsonPosted 1/10/2013 10:40:49 AM
Glockass1 posted...
Disc priest are the best healers in the game.

---
Even addiction has diminishing returns.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Marisette/advanced
#4Jason_Kidd_2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 4:30:39 PM
Does Holy still have mana issues?
---
Atlanta Falcons.
Come at me.
#5BonzoForLyfePosted 1/10/2013 5:29:43 PM
Sort of, not that bad, especially if you have large amount of spirit
---
Dispatch, Steve Nash, Fight Club.....'Nuff said
#6ElaeusPosted 1/10/2013 6:08:55 PM
Discipline started really poor this expansion, ended up great now. Not at all the best though in serious PvE content at the moment, but they are up there now.

Holy is a GREAT HPS generation specs (for meter whores) and mana regen has been always the same: Troublesome. The reason behind that is because they already got some of the best healing spells in the game output wise so giving them the best regen also makes choosing any other healer kind of redundant. Of course and as always, they get better as the expansion advances.

tl;dr: Either is good, if you are doing something serious with them go with discipline at the moment.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#7InfestedAdamPosted 1/10/2013 7:47:35 PM
Discipline is getting a bit of a buff as well in 5.2 aren't we? Maybe a buff. Rapture giving back 250% of our Spirit instead of 200% but no longer benefit from temporary Spirit buffs.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#8thronedfire2Posted 1/10/2013 7:59:45 PM
InfestedAdam posted...
Discipline is getting a bit of a buff as well in 5.2 aren't we? Maybe a buff. Rapture giving back 250% of our Spirit instead of 200% but no longer benefit from temporary Spirit buffs.

Spirit Shell is getting taken off mastery, so no, we're getting nerfed.
---
I could see you, but I couldn't hear you You were holding your hat in the breeze Turning away from me In this moment you were stolen...
#9Jason_Kidd_2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 8:17:58 PM
Thanks for the input. Also, I'm leveling a priest right now. When and how should I use Spirit Shell? Healing is easy mode right now so I really don't have to to anything outside of shielding and atonement, but if I were at max level, pop Spirit Shell before huge damage and AOE heal during its duration?
---
Atlanta Falcons.
Come at me.
#10Slayerblade11Posted 1/10/2013 8:21:54 PM
Holy is in a good spot. Output is high and you have lots of tools to deal with different situations. Mana isn't that big of a deal when get good gear and reach around 8-9k spirit unbuffed. Disc is best PVE healer in the game by a mile atm. Spirit shell can block just about every single big hit this tier, which is unmatched by any of the other healing specs. PvP is an entirely different different story however.
---
FC: 4599 7415 8439