This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Brazilian issue is getting rather out of hand. Let's be honest here.

#141SternblumePosted 1/18/2013 4:19:51 PM
As a Brazilian, I honestly resent your comments, Bolt. We, as a country, are not "good for a laugh" in the way you imply.

Pray tell, why do you think Brazilians are "good for a laugh"? Or are you just deflecting the subject with insults and tasteless humor like you do in all the other threads you post?

Silly me for trying to have a civil discussion, here of all places.

*washes hands*
#142Lightning BoltPosted 1/18/2013 4:28:37 PM
Alright, I'll concede I'm being a bit unfair. I don't tend to take gaming forums seriously.
But pattern recognition is a difficult beast to overcome. Once you notice something, it's hard to avoid applying to to all walks of your life.

But when you say that most American players have been playing for 7 years... it's simply demonstrably wrong. There are, in the minority, players who have been around since Vanilla. But overall America hasn't got a massive lead over Brazil in terms of experience, and even if they did, 2 years is ample time to basically master the game.

The pattern just can't be explained by collective experience with the genre. It's been too long; a head start on a game that's eternally changing doesn't mean all that much after the basics are understood.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#143SternblumePosted 1/18/2013 4:53:56 PM
Your polite answer made me regain a little faith in humanity, Bolt. Thank you. =]

I never implied that all US players got into WoW as soon as the beta was over, just like many Brazilians didn't join the game when our local realms went up. But in average, it's only logical that, as a whole, US players started earlier (be it at BC, WotLK or Cata) than the huge majority of Brazilian players.

Also, knowledge of previous games such as EverQuest, Lineage, Ultima Online, Runescape and others, although different than WoW, gave the US player base some intimacy with the medium. It's something that is ingrained in your gaming culture for a while now. You have to understand that WoW is the first official MMORPG we have here.

Finally, I'm not asking you to suddenly think Brazilian players are on par or even close to US players. We're not. We're green, we're discovering the game, we're defensive against people that know more because we are afraid to suck - and most of all - we're suffering from a stigma that is simply not true, and it just isn't fair for us all to be labeled like that.

We also have mean, rude and incompetent players, just like any other place. Our bullies may be, indeed, a bit more vocal and immature than others (and please report them, we WANT the bad apples to be thrown away), but the bottom line is...

We're not all like that. Hell, most of us just want to learn the game and play competitively. No one wants to be embarrassed or fail at the game on purpose. I adamantly believe that if you give us a little time, a little patience and a little credit, we'll surprise you.
#144thebladeofwoePosted 1/18/2013 6:15:27 PM
This is juan long topic now....
---
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Powerglave/simple
#145AssultTankPosted 1/18/2013 6:17:11 PM
thebladeofwoe posted...
This is juan long topic now....

I know, this juan topic has three pages! I hardly ever see a 3 page topic on this forum...
---
http://wh.gov/RI5h Petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.
John 6:53 Jesus promoting cannibalism.