• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Does spriest mastery affect DP?
4 years ago#1
If it does, then lol i'm gonna have fun
Steam ID: Glockass1
4 years ago#2
What does the mastery description say? That all damage over time spells have an extra chance to proc. Is DP a damage over time spell?
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
4 years ago#3
Hak posted...
What does the mastery description say? That all damage over time spells have an extra chance to proc. Is DP a damage over time spell?

It is but it's kinda different since it does burst damage and uses a different resource.
4 years ago#4
Also Blizzard makes things weird sometimes so you can never be sure.
4 years ago#5
You're right to ask this, because it also affects Mind Sear and Mind Flay, which are channeled spells..
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Check profile for more.
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1
4 years ago#6
MegaSlush posted...
You're right to ask this, because it also affects Mind Sear and Mind Flay, which are channeled spells..

DP is pretty strong then. I wonder if I should go Crit for killing blows in PvP or Mastery for sustained pressure.

EDIT: Note that I'm only level 82 on my spriest. Don't have any experience with the class.
4 years ago#7
Glockass1 posted...
MegaSlush posted...

DP is pretty strong then. I wonder if I should go Crit for killing blows in PvP or Mastery for sustained pressure.

EDIT: Note that I'm only level 82 on my spriest. Don't have any experience with the class.

Yeah DP is pretty OP. If I know Horde are around while doing dailies, I tend to not even use it on mobs, just because I know that if they mess with me while I have 3 orbs ready they're pretty much dead.
4 years ago#8
Kokeii posted...
Glockass1 posted...
MegaSlush posted...

Yeah DP is pretty OP. If I know Horde are around while doing dailies, I tend to not even use it on mobs, just because I know that if they mess with me while I have 3 orbs ready they're pretty much dead.

Spriest damage is pretty sneaky to be honest. You think that dots don't harm you and before you know it you are dead.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Does spriest mastery affect DP?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived