This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does spriest mastery affect DP?

#1Glockass1Posted 1/12/2013 3:29:53 AM
If it does, then lol i'm gonna have fun
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#2HakPosted 1/12/2013 3:54:11 AM
What does the mastery description say? That all damage over time spells have an extra chance to proc. Is DP a damage over time spell?
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#3Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 3:55:25 AM
Hak posted...
What does the mastery description say? That all damage over time spells have an extra chance to proc. Is DP a damage over time spell?

It is but it's kinda different since it does burst damage and uses a different resource.
---
#4Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 3:57:52 AM
Also Blizzard makes things weird sometimes so you can never be sure.
---
#5MegaSlushPosted 1/12/2013 6:15:35 AM
You're right to ask this, because it also affects Mind Sear and Mind Flay, which are channeled spells..
---
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Check profile for more.
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1
#6Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 7:16:57 AM(edited)
MegaSlush posted...
You're right to ask this, because it also affects Mind Sear and Mind Flay, which are channeled spells..

DP is pretty strong then. I wonder if I should go Crit for killing blows in PvP or Mastery for sustained pressure.

EDIT: Note that I'm only level 82 on my spriest. Don't have any experience with the class.
---
#7KokeiiPosted 1/12/2013 8:22:05 AM
Glockass1 posted...
MegaSlush posted...

DP is pretty strong then. I wonder if I should go Crit for killing blows in PvP or Mastery for sustained pressure.

EDIT: Note that I'm only level 82 on my spriest. Don't have any experience with the class.

Yeah DP is pretty OP. If I know Horde are around while doing dailies, I tend to not even use it on mobs, just because I know that if they mess with me while I have 3 orbs ready they're pretty much dead.
#8Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 8:24:58 AM
Kokeii posted...
Glockass1 posted...
MegaSlush posted...

Yeah DP is pretty OP. If I know Horde are around while doing dailies, I tend to not even use it on mobs, just because I know that if they mess with me while I have 3 orbs ready they're pretty much dead.

Spriest damage is pretty sneaky to be honest. You think that dots don't harm you and before you know it you are dead.
---