The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

System requirements for WoW as of Now? (up to date with pandaria)

#1revan292Posted 1/14/2013 12:02:19 PM
I'll try and make this quick and simple.

I used to play WoW until a month ago when i realized that my FPS was abut 3 or 5 whenever i tried doing pvp or raiding. So i had to leave the game

My laptop, according to past commenters, is one of the absolute worst with the weakest and slowest specs.

anyways, today when i turned on my laptop it was clear that my screen had somehow broken, with horizontal and vertical lines of all colors going all over the place, along with some things that look like ink blots.

So, alongside contemplating buying a new laptop because i need one for working (I'm a writer) i was also considering the idea of making sure the laptop has the required specs to play WoW with acceptable FPS. incase i decide that i would like to be able to play WoW again when deciding on which laptop to buy.
*When i played WoW for years, i always played on all low settings, and the highest FPS i ever got was 19, and that is in open areas with no people around* *pvp or raiding was 3-5 fps* *yes, my laptop is probably worse than any of yours*

end of point: I have the usual retail stores around me, Walmart, Target, etc. What kind of specs on a laptop should i be looking for to be able to play WoW? (It is not mandatory, but it would be nice if i could play WoW on anyting higher than all low settins, while also still having acceptable FPS) And as i am unemployed, i really don't want to spend too much. Could i find a laptop that meets these requirements for possibly $300 or less?
---
Suicide is a permanent solution to a permanent problem, people have the right to die. you disagree? that means you're an idiot :D U mad?
#2revan292(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 1:22:47 PM
bump
---
Suicide is a permanent solution to a permanent problem, people have the right to die. you disagree? that means you're an idiot :D U mad?
#3_Dr_Freeman_Posted 1/14/2013 1:30:31 PM
I don't think you can get much for $300 to spend on a laptop. Try craigslist. That's your best bet for your budget.
---
XBL Gamertag: Bill Slosky
#4Emerald_WyvernPosted 1/14/2013 2:37:59 PM
I'm sure you can find a used one that can meet your requirements. I play WoW on a $500 notebook and I get about 25 to 30 fps. That was 2 years ago, I'm sure there's better for cheaper.
---
"Hey I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan.. as a drying pan!" - Brock
#5revan292(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 5:17:49 AM
I found a custom built computer for about $200 that someone i know is selling. Would this by any chance match WoW's requirements and handle it with playable FPS? These are the specs he gave me.

GadgetValue Price Manufacturer - Others Year - 2010 RAM - 2GB Processor Brand - AMD - K10 Athlon II X2 (2009) Processor Speed - 2.4 GHz - 2.7 GHz HDD - 40GB CD Drive - CD R CD RW Monitor Condition - Good Monitor Year - 2008 Monitor Type
---
#6vahndragonwingPosted 1/15/2013 5:26:48 AM(edited)
revan292 posted...
I found a custom built computer for about $200 that someone i know is selling. Would this by any chance match WoW's requirements and handle it with playable FPS? These are the specs he gave me.

GadgetValue Price Manufacturer - Others Year - 2010 RAM - 2GB Processor Brand - AMD - K10 Athlon II X2 (2009) Processor Speed - 2.4 GHz - 2.7 GHz HDD - 40GB CD Drive - CD R CD RW Monitor Condition - Good Monitor Year - 2008 Monitor Type

2gb ram is pathetic, the lowest you'll even find in even laptops now is 4. Only a 40GB HDD, that means WoW is going to fill MORE THAN HALF of your ENTIRE hard drive

Didn't even MENTION graphics, so no, I would say this dude is pulling one over on ya, that is a PoS.

These are the MINIMUM system requirements.

Minimum System Requirements
PC Mac
Operating System Windows® XP/Vista/7 with latest service pack Mac OS® X 10.7.3
Processor Intel® Pentium® D or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Intel Core™ 2 Duo
Video NVIDIA® GeForce® 6800 or
ATI™ Radeon™ X1600 Pro (256 MB) NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT or
ATI Radeon HD 2600
Memory 2 GB RAM (1 GB Windows XP)
Storage 25 GB available hard drive space
Internet Broadband internet connection
Media DVD-ROM drive required to install from disc
Input Keyboard and mouse required. Other input devices are not supported.
Resolution 1024 x 768 minimum display resolution
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender
#7revan292(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 5:42:44 AM(edited)
Well is there anything i could find in stores for around $350 then? that's about as far as i can possibly go past my $300 range.

Or can i atleast know what kind of system specs i should be looking for from people selling used computers on ebay or craigslist and whatnot.

"Edit"- Atleast i know which specs to try and find now, thanks. I trust that if the Minimum requirements are met i will not have to worry about FPS anymore?
---
#8Slyk90Posted 1/15/2013 5:52:25 AM
My new i5 $600 Asus, with some graphics turned to good /fair will get Up to 200fps in wilderness zones. 40-80 fps jumps in busy SW. 6gb ddr.
I cap it at 60fps tho. Game runs smooth and BUDDER.

$300 might get you around on Perma low settings tho fairly easy
---
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N
#9revan292(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 6:00:10 AM
Slyk90 posted...
My new i5 $600 Asus, with some graphics turned to good /fair will get Up to 200fps in wilderness zones. 40-80 fps jumps in busy SW. 6gb ddr.

So in the $300-$350 ranges it is safe to say i can atleast play on all low settings and never worry about laggy FPS anymore?

on the laptop i have now the highest fps i ever saw was 19 so i have no idea what 50's to 200's are like
---
#10vahndragonwingPosted 1/15/2013 6:08:49 AM
revan292 posted...
Slyk90 posted...

So in the $300-$350 ranges it is safe to say i can atleast play on all low settings and never worry about laggy FPS anymore?

on the laptop i have now the highest fps i ever saw was 19 so i have no idea what 50's to 200's are like

I'll be completely honest, if I were you, I'd simply wait a couple months and save up like, 600. You can easily get a nice computer that will last you for a while and play WoW at at least mid-high settings. Computers tend to get exponentially better the more you're able to spend on them.

I guess if you simply CAN'T do that, you could try and find something for 3-350 but IMO it'd be in your best interests to get something worthwhile, especially if you plan on playing anything BUT WoW.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender