This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

System requirements for WoW as of Now? (up to date with pandaria)

#11revan292(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 6:26:21 AM
vahndragonwing posted...
revan292 posted...
Slyk90 posted...
My new i5 $600 Asus, with some graphics turned to good /fair will get Up to 200fps in wilderness zones. 40-80 fps jumps in busy SW. 6gb ddr.
I cap it at 60fps tho. Game runs smooth and BUDDER.

$300 might get you around on Perma low settings tho fairly easy

So in the $300-$350 ranges it is safe to say i can atleast play on all low settings and never worry about laggy FPS anymore?

on the laptop i have now the highest fps i ever saw was 19 so i have no idea what 50's to 200's are like

I'll be completely honest, if I were you, I'd simply wait a couple months and save up like, 600. You can easily get a nice computer that will last you for a while and play WoW at at least mid-high settings. Computers tend to get exponentially better the more you're able to spend on them.

I guess if you simply CAN'T do that, you could try and find something for 3-350 but IMO it'd be in your best interests to get something worthwhile, especially if you plan on playing anything BUT WoW.

WoW's the only thing i play on the computer, and it would be extremely nice to play on anything higher than all low settings, but i'll do whatever it takes to be able to play with acceptable FPS. I'll play all low settings if it is the only thing keeping my FPS acceptable.
(the average FPS for my laptop was 19 whenever i was running around alone in the open, but anything crowded like cities or pvp or raids put my fps down to less than 5)
---
Suicide is a permanent solution to a permanent problem, people have the right to die. you disagree? that means you're an idiot :D U mad?
#12revan292(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 11:40:38 AM
Well, this is my last try, if this isn't enough then i'll just forget the whole thing.

Will this Laptop be able to play WoW with acceptable FPS when i am in raiding, pvp, cities, and whatnot?

Samsung
AMD Dual-Core A6-4400M Accelerated Processor with AMD Radeon HD 7520G graphics
4GB DDR3 memory
500GB Serial ATA II hard drive (5400 rpm)
(There are alot more details about what the laptop includes and it's features/specs but these seemed be the only relevant ones)

(notes: I will play on all low settings if i still have to, though it would be nice if i could play on any settings higher than low)
(When i say acceptable FPS i don't mean 80-200 FPS like you guys have on your more expensive laptops/computers, i mean any FPS where my screen won't lag)
(on my old laptop the best was 19-20 FPS (when alone in questing zones) and 0-4 FPS whenever in pvp, cities, or raiding.
The 19-20 FPS when i was alone was enough to not see lag, but i need to have Playable FPS like that while in pvp, cities, and raiding also
---
Suicide is a permanent solution to a permanent problem, people have the right to die. you disagree? that means you're an idiot :D U mad?
#13vahndragonwingPosted 1/15/2013 11:43:51 AM
You do know that you can get an equally powerful desktop for way less than an equivalent laptop, right? Like, if you're on a budget, the best thing to do would be to get a desktop.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender
#14revan292(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 12:00:34 PM
vahndragonwing posted...
You do know that you can get an equally powerful desktop for way less than an equivalent laptop, right? Like, if you're on a budget, the best thing to do would be to get a desktop.

None of the desktops that i have seen seem to meet WoW's requirements. (The desktops that cost less than the $379 laptop i just asked about)
---
#15malystxy2010Posted 1/15/2013 4:12:14 PM
That laptop should play it decently enough.

For a desktop, if portability is not important, for $300 you can build a decent rig that will run wow quite well, and be easier to upgrade in the future, ie, replace the GPU, add ram, faster processor, etc. You building it of course. And if you need help, it really is not that hard, get a friend who is computer savvy to help, go to the gamefaqs pc hardware boards and ask away, or get a book from the bookstore, building pc for dummies or something. They really are not hard to build nowadays, and windows 7 at least literraly installs itself.