This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who do you think will be the final boss of MoP? " spoilers"

#1synister666Posted 1/15/2013 10:11:12 AM
And I'm not talking about a tacked on boss like Halion to tide you over and giving an intro to the next xpac. I'm talking about who will be the Illidan/Lich King/Deathwing final boss. The primary antagonist.

I'm guessing it's gonna be Y'shaarj who becomes resurrected by the Sha reforming. I mean that could be the only logical route that would seem big enough for the finale.

Some people may think it could be Garrosh with the 7th Sha inside of him which manifests. Something big is leading up to him for sure but that same thing was already done with the mantid empress and the Sha of Fear. I don't think they would rehash the same scenario. Plus the Klaxxi tell you of Y'shaarj's return and how they will stand by him.
---
PSN: AstralSerpent
#2HakPosted 1/15/2013 10:15:25 AM(edited)
We know already, and have done for months, that it'll be Garrosh. Blizz announced it as a major selling point of the expansion. No shocks or surprises - the final raid is an instanced Orgrimaar with Garrosh as the final villain.

---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#3InfestedAdamPosted 1/15/2013 10:18:57 AM
As a Horde player it's going to be weird fighting Orc NPCs that aren't Fel Orcs or following Deathwing. I think its more so along the lines that some of these NPCs are merely following their duty, even if it's to some crazed leader.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#4HakPosted 1/15/2013 10:22:32 AM
Think it's more to do with following some crazed leader out of fear. In "lore" terms, our characters are now elite members of the Horde, each of us more recognised and more powerful even than members of the Kor'kron Vanguard. For gameplay reasons the city guards are harder otherwise the game would turn into all-out continual warfare in each of the capitals.

I think that's why it'll become a "Please, Heroes of Azeroth, help us! We can't turn our backs on Garrosh and refuse his commands or he'll destroy us all - you, the people who destroyed the Lich King and Deathwing, might have a chance."
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#5vahndragonwingPosted 1/15/2013 10:23:23 AM
synister666 posted...
And I'm not talking about a tacked on boss like Halion to tide you over and giving an intro to the next xpac. I'm talking about who will be the Illidan/Lich King/Deathwing final boss. The primary antagonist.

I'm guessing it's gonna be Y'shaarj who becomes resurrected by the Sha reforming. I mean that could be the only logical route that would seem big enough for the finale.

Some people may think it could be Garrosh with the 7th Sha inside of him which manifests. Something big is leading up to him for sure but that same thing was already done with the mantid empress and the Sha of Fear. I don't think they would rehash the same scenario. Plus the Klaxxi tell you of Y'shaarj's return and how they will stand by him.

And Blizzard told us it would be Garrosh, so.. there's that.

It's Garrosh.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender
#6InfestedAdamPosted 1/15/2013 10:30:36 AM
Hak posted...
Think it's more to do with following some crazed leader out of fear.

I think that's why it'll become a "Please, Heroes of Azeroth, help us! We can't turn our backs on Garrosh and refuse his commands or he'll destroy us all

You do bring up a good point but then it kinda turns into a "Die by Garrosh's hands or die by ours" for us Horde players. Either way it's going to be awkward.

For me personally it'll be easier to accept if some of the bosses we fight followed Garrosh because they agree with his ideas instead of following him out of duty/fear.
---
#7HakPosted 1/15/2013 10:34:24 AM
It'll be an interesting raid I think. Possible bosses... none I can think of actually, except a couple of the Blademasters and potentially Nazgrim. Other Horde racial leaders won't be there - they're pushing that Garrosh acts for Garrosh, and not for the Horde. Maybe somehow come up with logic to have big scary magic beasties or Sha entities of some sort, but a raid with only "Humanoid" class bosses would be strange.
---
#8InfestedAdamPosted 1/15/2013 10:48:02 AM
Hak posted...
Maybe somehow come up with logic to have big scary magic beasties or Sha entities of some sort, but a raid with only "Humanoid" class bosses would be strange.

I haven't been keeping up with the in-game lore, quests or scenrios but I thought there was one bit about a Divine Bell and infusing Horde soldiers with its powers? I could be getting stuff mixed up but that could be a potential reason to have mutated Sha-Mugu-Orcs.
---
#9MegaSlushPosted 1/15/2013 10:50:43 AM
Hak posted...
Maybe somehow come up with logic to have big scary magic beasties or Sha entities of some sort, but a raid with only "Humanoid" class bosses would be strange.

I haven't been keeping up with the in-game lore, quests or scenrios but I thought there was one bit about a Divine Bell and infusing Horde soldiers with its powers? I could be getting stuff mixed up but that could be a potential reason to have mutated Sha-Mugu-Orcs.

Anduin neutralized it. Garrosh smashed Anduin into it, destroying the bell and almost killing him.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Check profile for more.
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1
#10angrywalrus13Posted 1/15/2013 10:51:13 AM
Think it's more to do with following some crazed leader out of fear.

That's pretty much how the Horde's operating right now. D:
---
Thomx
like tommicks