This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When did Blizz tell us the final boss of MoP? SPOILARZ

#1OnioniumPosted 1/15/2013 11:01:08 PM
Everyone's been saying something about Garrosh and Orgrimmar. Is there a blue post that explicitly says that Garrosh will be the final raid boss, located in a phased version of Orgrimmar? Or are people just assumin'?

just curious.
---
You can say "ass" on GameFAQs. Assy ass ass assington.
#2cyanide_suicidePosted 1/15/2013 11:58:43 PM
Blizz specifically said this before MoP was even released.
#3luthienCrossPosted 1/16/2013 12:00:12 AM
announced it at blizzcon
---
GT: Luthien Cross
NNID: Cogliostro
#4koujimorenoPosted 1/16/2013 12:20:17 AM
http://www.wowhead.com/news=201616/mists-of-pandaria-2012-press-event-full-monk-talents-revealed-and-more
#5steveoSEKPosted 1/16/2013 2:12:27 AM
maybe it's me, but it would have been cooler if they didn't tell us. yeah most everyone would suspect it, but still.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/1t0njr.jpg http://gurn.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/eek-a-mouse.jpg http://i47.tinypic.com/2zo90xw.jpg
#6inferiorweaselPosted 1/16/2013 4:47:18 AM
steveoSEK posted...
maybe it's me, but it would have been cooler if they didn't tell us. yeah most everyone would suspect it, but still.

If they didn't tell us lots of people would be angry and upset for blizzard lacking direction like in vanilla
---
Live and Learn / Forgiveness is Divine.
(Read those. If you still feel the same way.... Well, you are redcount. - Vyyk)
#7ElaeusPosted 1/16/2013 4:54:57 AM
inferiorweasel posted...
steveoSEK posted...

If they didn't tell us lots of people would be angry and upset for blizzard lacking direction like in vanilla

Lack of general direction actually worked pretty well foqg that era. Plus, all we really know is that Garrosh is getting dethroned, we don't know for sure if he is the final boss yet.

Though I am imagining a fight where Garrosh keeps morphing into Garrosh-flux kind of things like Seymour Guado in FFX.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#8HakPosted 1/16/2013 4:56:20 AM
The initial lead in to Pandaria, Blizz stated that the expansion was focused on the escalating war between Horde and Alliance, and as such there wouldn't be a "big bad" the way there had been previously. There was something of an outcry over this, so they changed it so that Garrosh would be the big bad instead. I think that's why a lot of the character "development" they've put in place for him feels forced - it wasn't the original plan, so they've somehow had to change things and pick someone at random. It could just as easily have been Varian or Jaina. Think they picked Garrosh since nobody liked him anyway.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#9HakPosted 1/16/2013 5:06:41 AM
Elaeus posted...
Though I am imagining a fight where Garrosh keeps morphing into Garrosh-flux kind of things like Seymour Guado in FFX.

If the fight against Garrosh involves him standing with his back to a big roulette wheel that spins elemental attacks while he waxes lyrical about his daddy issues, I'm quitting.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#10ElaeusPosted 1/16/2013 5:19:01 AM
Hak posted...
Elaeus posted...

If the fight against Garrosh involves him standing with his back to a big roulette wheel that spins elemental attacks while he waxes lyrical about his daddy issues, I'm quitting.

This roulette one is the fourth encounter that I forgot about (flux being third) so it will be heroic only anyway.

About daddy issues, coming to think of it now it's funny how much Garrosh and Seymour has in common.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22