This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fury PvP -- what's the general "rotation" of sorts?

#1JohnnyShred612Posted 1/17/2013 12:22:05 AM
Warriors are kind of overwhelming me at the moment. I'm only level 30, but I'm trying to get a grip on how to play the class early and I've already got a full action bar and then some of abilities.
---
All Hail Lord Emery
http://i.imgur.com/TgeHa.jpg
#2BIMHBPosted 1/17/2013 12:36:56 AM
switch to arms, its better in pvp and easier to manage. although at low levels prot actually has the best damage output while clearly having the best survivability.
---
Bush is my homeboy.
#3JohnnyShred612(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 1:32:10 AM
I want to do fury.

Maybe a simpler question is... what skills can I kind of just ignore or are very situational? What's the critical stuff to be using?
---
All Hail Lord Emery
#4myztikricePosted 1/17/2013 3:29:33 AM
you have 60 more levels until you worry about what abilities to use
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so ****in' hysterical.
#5webbc99Posted 1/17/2013 3:48:26 AM
JohnnyShred612 posted...
I want to do fury.

Maybe a simpler question is... what skills can I kind of just ignore or are very situational? What's the critical stuff to be using?

You can't really ignore any skills. Keybind everything, it's all useful at some point. Even things like the Mocking Banner you get at level 87 can be used as an escape route because you can Intervene to it. Even Taunt is useful because you can pull a Hunter's pet away from a more vulnerable target.

Fury PvP is a lot more random and at lower levels you'll be missing key parts of the spec that will make it pretty difficult to function at a basic level.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, PSASBR
#6JohnnyShred612(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 10:38:33 AM(edited)
webbc99 posted...
JohnnyShred612 posted...
I want to do fury.

You can't really ignore any skills. Keybind everything, it's all useful at some point. Even things like the Mocking Banner you get at level 87 can be used as an escape route because you can Intervene to it. Even Taunt is useful because you can pull a Hunter's pet away from a more vulnerable target.

Fury PvP is a lot more random and at lower levels you'll be missing key parts of the spec that will make it pretty difficult to function at a basic level.

Okay, thanks. General question -- I know this will probably change a good bit by 90, but for now, I find myself mostly using Bloodthirst on cooldown, throwing some Sunders and maybe a Thunder Clap on them, then primarily spamming Wild Strike until Raging Blow/Execute proc. Is that about right? Should I even be using TC/Sunder during PvP?

Edit: Bonus question -- is Heroic Throw useful? Seems to do really minimal damage and would primarily just be a ranged pull for tanking, but I could be wrong.
---
All Hail Lord Emery