This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How long after the last expansion do you think Blizz will keep the servers up?

#21PotHeadDogPosted 1/19/2013 6:52:51 AM(edited)
Like others I don't expect they'll go down anytime soon. Hell I think we'll see WoW servers up 10 years from now. Obviously at some point in the near future Blizzard needs to man up and close all of the small servers instead of making the people there pay ridiculous fees to go to an active server.

inb4 "hurr durr it's only a temporary fix!"

As long as the number of subscribers goes down so should the number of servers. The number of realms up now is too many for 12 million players. Never mind 9 million or whatever we have now. A good number of realms need be shut down and the players moved to medium pop servers. Too many lifeless servers out there. I guarantee you no one will miss Chromaggus and Garithos. The players there would probably be glad to move.
---
All Hail Cornmuffins
http://steamcommunity.com/id/t3hphd1989lol
#22TruthAndJusticePosted 1/19/2013 7:31:31 AM
thelastmohigan posted...
As long as they are still making money. /topic

Actually WoW could still be making money and Blizzard could still shut it down. The reason being, they may want to shift their old consumers to their new IP because the business model may be more profitable (a la RMAH in Diablo 3).

Point is, WoW could still be making money, but if Activision Blizzard think they can make more money by shutting it down, you can safely make a hefty bet that they will.