This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why in the hell doesn't everyone need on lockboxes?

#11DrJohnSmith9Posted 1/17/2013 3:08:21 PM
The 30-40 gold, plus a usual green, AND a very likely chance of another lock box being inside with the same loot = need every time for me. 100g+ for a one second click of "need" makes it worth it for me.
---
http://tinyurl.com/6vnaund
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l85f77lEuh1qa0nd6o1_500.gif
#12Breaker BladePosted 1/17/2013 3:36:10 PM
Prisoner's Dilemma of a sort...

I usually just greed on lockboxes in a raid, but I don't think I have EVER seen one drop that wasn't Need rolled on by at least one person in LFR. I haven't ran any heroics in about a month, but most people seemed to Greed when they dropped there.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, Guild Wars 2, LoL, Dark Souls, Diablo III
Currently watching: Game of Thrones, Louie, Breaking Bad
#13LanceFlugermanPosted 1/17/2013 4:38:33 PM
If you're the top dps in lfr no one will say a word about you needing on anything. If you're not, expect similar things to what happens to tc.
---
Ma Ma Se Ma Ma Sa Ma Ma Coo Sa.
#14scarface_jrPosted 1/17/2013 5:17:53 PM
Genocet_10-325 posted...
I do, and when someone complains I tell them to go f**** themselves.

Made me laugh irl.
---
"There are good guys and there are bad guys in this world, and make no mistake I am a bad, bad man." -CM Punk
#15Melted_ButterPosted 1/17/2013 6:13:11 PM
Genocet_10-325 posted...
I do, and when someone complains I tell them to go f**** themselves because the option to need is there for everyone, and no one truly NEEDS lockboxes, so therefore everyone should need on it. If you don't need on it it's no ones fault but your own.

Nobody needs them, so everybody should need them?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#16SlyClone2kPosted 1/18/2013 1:22:57 AM
Only rogues should be able to need them. Infact if you're a rogue you should be given them straight off.
---
-Because spelling isn't important on the Internet. Grow up.-
#17TrialZero654Posted 1/18/2013 1:41:47 AM
no one should be allowed to need on lockboxes, and it pisses me off when someone does, because i have both a max enchanter and a level 90 rogue, and no matter what character i'm currently on, i dont need on lockboxes, why?

quite simple: i dont need them

see the need and greed system is, like many things in our society today that are not written down inside a courtroom, based on the good 'ol honor system, a system which people WILL, given the chance, abuse the living hell out of, because people are basically terrible human beings, and when given a context almost entirely devoid of social repercussions, will completely devolve

the whole game used to be based on this, but now that there is complex systems in place to scan a persons class and spec and disable the need or greed buttons as necessary, this kind of stuff doesn't happen too often, it's just that lockboxes are now the easiest example and constant reminder of the rampant ninjaing that used to go and just an overall basic indicator of how little of a **** you give about your other fellow human beings, so long as you never have to meet them
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
GT: Trialzero
#18UtinilPosted 1/18/2013 3:24:26 AM
SlyClone2k posted...
Only rogues should be able to need them. Infact if you're a rogue you should be given them straight off.

Blacksmiths would like a word with you.

A key costs about 1-2 gold to make and we can open the boxes just fine.
#19SlyClone2kPosted 1/18/2013 8:45:52 AM
Utinil posted...
SlyClone2k posted...

True, okay - I'll give Blacksmiths the need option too. But only if there's no rogues.

Inherited class skill > learned prof skill :)
---
-Because spelling isn't important on the Internet. Grow up.-
#20AssultTankPosted 1/18/2013 8:48:47 AM
Utinil posted...
SlyClone2k posted...

And Engineers. We have the blastpacks which are even cheaper and open up to 525 skill locks...
---
http://wh.gov/RI5h Petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.
John 6:53 Jesus promoting cannibalism.