This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

which is the most noob friendly healer?

#11vegetakenPosted 1/18/2013 2:19:43 AM
I play druid,paladin and shaman as healer...my priest was a free 80 so I can't really take any knowledge on the class and havent done any monk.

For PvE fights with any movement druids are head and shoulders above others imo simply because a lot of your heals are hots and instant. I do not enjoy paladin healing anymore...its changed quite a bit over the years, liked it much better when my judgements healed people that hit the mob. Shaman has crazy good sinlge target heals with the mastery bonus and the totems are quite useful...just kinda sucks when you need to move and heal big when some abilities are on cooldown.

For PvP i've always been a huge fan of being able to stealth, increase movement speed, charge, etc. Before the panda patch I would use my paladin/shaman for pve content and my druid exclusively for PvP.
---
axe<great axe<greater axe<greatest axe. no need to thank me. ~_Emissary_
PSN: Sadboosh
#12ElaeusPosted 1/18/2013 8:58:25 AM
Easiest to hardest:

Restoration Druid > Discipline Priest > Holy Praladin = Restoration Shaman > Holy Priest

the notion of holy paladins being the easiest come from people that do no amount of relevant content at all. In 5 mans or LFR everything is litereally the same period (with discipline having an edge for actually being able to make effective damage). Out of above healers, holy paladins got the fourth worst passive regen (druid > disc > shaman > hpala > holy priest), and their effective play style (again in anything relevant) comes from their massive utility and not only from their strong healing style. Stop listening to people that play only fights that last for one and a half minute, and trash that dies in 3 seconds.

All above said: I don't know where Mistweavers fall in that list because I only talk from relevant heroic content experience. I think though that they are having a hard time currently from what I gather in term of playability in PvE high end, but I have no info on how their regen works.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#13BoogyyPosted 1/18/2013 9:18:47 AM
How is shaman healing hard at all? I don't believe it's harder than other healing classes, and if that's the case, oh my god.
---
Flowers are really unbalance
#14AssultTankPosted 1/18/2013 9:37:37 AM
Boogyy posted...
How is shaman healing hard at all? I don't believe it's harder than other healing classes, and if that's the case, oh my god.

Yeah, it is pretty easy these days. But I love all the delicious raid CDs. :D
---
http://wh.gov/RI5h Petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.
John 6:53 Jesus promoting cannibalism.
#15ElaeusPosted 1/18/2013 9:42:22 AM
Boogyy posted...

It isn't at all, and they are mid ground mana regen wise, they have great utility (not even close near what a paladin can start to do though), and a mind numbingly boring rotation while still being overpowered. In fact, shamans has it easier for having the biggest single target heals these days. People saying otherwise are absolutely idiots and they should feel bad.

Of course, people that will disagree haven't, again, done any relevant content as healers for their opinions to matter on anything aside from what the average WoW player experience.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#16AssultTankPosted 1/18/2013 9:47:20 AM
If shaman is mid-ground in terms of regen, I'm kinda scared to see how easy the classes ahead of us have it...
7k spirit and I never OOM. The only places I come close to ooming are Meng and Qiang... And only because my paladin buddy can't do more than 30k HPS... Ever...
---
#17ElaeusPosted 1/18/2013 10:31:00 AM
AssultTank posted...
If shaman is mid-ground in terms of regen, I'm kinda scared to see how easy the classes ahead of us have it...
7k spirit and I never OOM. The only places I come close to ooming are Meng and Qiang... And only because my paladin buddy can't do more than 30k HPS... Ever...

What the hell? Link me your paladin buddy's armory.

In truth though, if a healer is really good to the point of being almost able to solo an encounter they can "steal" HPS of the other healers which is why HPS is not the solo measurement of skill usually. But still, 30k is really horrible.
---
#18BobTDonutPosted 1/18/2013 12:12:08 PM
Restoration Druid > Discipline Priest > Holy Praladin = Restoration Shaman > Holy Priest

Disc Priest > Resto Shaman > Resto Druid > Holy Paladin > Mistweaver Monk > Holy Priest

Difficulty comes from being able to maximize potential output, managing CDs properly, and ability to triage heal.

Disc Priest is the easiest simply because right now it is truly brain-dead simple to maximize your "healing" throughput via Atonement healing and how massive Spirit Shell can be. Managing Rapture is simple so mana gen is never really an issue. Their ability to triage heal is a bit low, but that doesn't matter when you can drop 100-200k absorbs at a whim and let them heal up via Atonement.

Resto Shaman healing for throughput is probably the next easiest in line. Like seriously, I was able to heal through N Garlon in a 10 man while in almost full blues (466 ilv), without OOMing, and while having to kite one time, and I'm not even pro at Shamans. They do have to do more work than a Disc Priest though. :P Their ability to triage healing with their mastery is also extremely good, especially with Tidal Waves reducing cast times. They do however, have a TON of CDs to work with, and being able to manage all of those and using them at the right times does take some thought.

Resto Druids are actually a bit difficult to get max healing out of this tier. While one can simply spam Rejuv and WG and do fine, there are a lot stronger direct heals and absorbs from other classes that are fighting over those HoTs. While they certainly have their good fights, many fights are pretty HoT unfriendly. They are, however, GREAT for triage healing, being able to throw out 100% crit Regrowths, instant Swiftmend (and you get more of them with 4pc), and having an instant Healing Touch every minute gives them a lot of fast healing power when needed. Plus they now have a decent tank CD, and Tranq is as good as ever.

Ah Holy Paladins... While their spells are pretty straight forward, the hard part comes from managing their various CDs and well as their mana. Their base healing spells are a bit lacking compared to other classes, and their mana gen is terrible. You have to actually be pretty good at a Holy Paladin to get their full potential out this tier, between managing mana and managing your CDs to get your maximum throughput. They have a lot of good tools to use, but you have to use them wisely. :P

Oh look, its my main class that was the simplest healing known to man and is now gutted to hell and back! Well, sort of. While Mistweavers can certainly push out some very high throughput numbers (especially on fights like H Garalon or H Will), it is MUCH harder to do than their 5.0 counterparts. Managing Renewing Mists to get the maximum amount of targets available is a chore to say the least. Uplift is fairly weak but is literally our only tool for raid healing when people are spread out, causing us to heal primary in melee to get the most out of our class. We have no real raid utility outside of Revival, which while is a nice CD... is all we got. Yes we have Life Cocoon for our tanks and it was buffed, but with Paladins and Priests with their absorbs, ours usually gets overlooked unless we use it at a time in which we KNOW it will get used up. Sure when people are totally stacked up, we got SCK, Chi Burst, and Torpedo to run through, but how often does that ACTUALLY happen? Not many fights, I'll tell you. Luckily, 5.2 seems to be fixing a lot of our spread raid healing, which is great.

And for Holy Priests, honestly, I have not messed with them much. I only put them at the end simply because I am unsure where they fit. I do know that they are literal mana batteries, and are pretty much straight raid healers, but that's about it. Oh, and their DPS is stupid.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/lPu0J.gif
#19AssultTankPosted 1/18/2013 12:50:18 PM(edited)
Elaeus posted...
AssultTank posted...

What the hell? Link me your paladin buddy's armory.

In truth though, if a healer is really good to the point of being almost able to solo an encounter they can "steal" HPS of the other healers which is why HPS is not the solo measurement of skill usually. But still, 30k is really horrible.

I agree that HPS isn't the sole measurement, but we're both sitting right at 20% overheals and he's ooming...
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arygos/Adofar/advanced
That's him.
---
#20ElaeusPosted 1/18/2013 1:11:55 PM
BobTDonut posted...
-snip-

I tend to agree with everything said above actually even though I snipped it. I forgot discipline current style and in the back of my head was more stuck the older style where you actually had to think a bit about how to get a proper output.
---