This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

low level battleground level scaling

#1janeson4444Posted 1/18/2013 7:10:24 PM
now apparently you will be scaled to the highest level allowed in your bracket .. aka level 10 will have base stats and spell damage of level 14

your thoughts? good thing? bad thing? negligible ?
#2angrywalrus13Posted 1/18/2013 7:21:34 PM
Bad thing for people who liked to stomp their way at the high end of the bracket, good thing for lower-level PvP in general.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#3thronedfire2Posted 1/18/2013 7:23:05 PM
Depends how scaling of hit/crit/etc work.

If lvl 25s are getting the same base stats as 29s, their hit/crit scaling should be the same as 29s as well.
---
I could see you, but I couldn't hear you You were holding your hat in the breeze Turning away from me In this moment you were stolen...
#4WynnSilvergazePosted 1/18/2013 7:34:15 PM
it will sorta even out the brackets, but they will still be dominated by the true top level characters, since they'll have all the bonus stats from their twink gear.

Instead of them 1 shotting you, you might survive 2 or 3 hits now.
---
You know how it is...Cows go "moo", Dogs go "woof" and MMO Players go "the pvp is unbalanced"
#5GreatDrakePosted 1/18/2013 7:38:18 PM
Yeah people with more skill or better gear will of course still do better but it should help even it out especially when you get where one team has a bunch of high levels and the other is a bunch of low levels. I myself am not very good at pvp but I always hated where I would get to top level in the bracket and do very good then go up a level to next bracket and get slaughtered.
---
Bedlam Boy's Disturbing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2puDJun9iCA&feature=related
#6ChocoboMog123Posted 1/18/2013 7:54:36 PM
I don't see how this helps the lower level players. They gain more base health, but lose a TON of real stats through scaling and don't have access to the same gear the higher level players have. Unless their gear will scale with them, it seems like the only good to come from this is to fix broken level 80/85 characters that can roflstomp 84/89 characters due to insane stat scaling.
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif
#7AceronPosted 1/18/2013 7:56:45 PM
thronedfire2 posted...

If lvl 25s are getting the same base stats as 29s, their hit/crit scaling should be the same as 29s as well.

Since they're likely using the same tech they use for challenge modes, I expect that the BGs will scale the player's equipped items along with their levels. So the battles will now go to who has the most equipped blues / epics.
---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL
#8AssultTankPosted 1/18/2013 7:58:32 PM
I wonder how far it will scale a piece of gear though...

I would assume it will only scale your gear upwards the same number of levels as you, but it may scale a level 15 blue up to level 49...
---
http://wh.gov/RI5h Petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.
John 6:53 Jesus promoting cannibalism.
#9x_stevey_xPosted 1/18/2013 8:02:46 PM
Aceron posted...
thronedfire2 posted...

Since they're likely using the same tech they use for challenge modes, I expect that the BGs will scale the player's equipped items along with their levels. So the battles will now go to who has the most equipped blues / epics.

possibly but the mmo champ quote or whatever just says scaling base stats. so i thought that meant just the few stats you gain during level up and not equipment, but who knows
#10AceronPosted 1/18/2013 8:27:26 PM
Probably the two or three people on the PTR who have actually bothered to test it. :)
---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL