This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want to tank.

#1GBPACKERZPosted 1/19/2013 8:15:52 AM
I am just returning from a several year hiatus (I left shortly before BC came out) and even then, I only played for a month or two and got 1 warlock up to 45. Returning, I am noticing on my realm a large shortage of tanks, as it usually takes me 15-30 minutes to que for a dungeon even as a healer.

I have no problems with being the "leader" of the pack, however I am not familiar with the layout of anything. Are there any tips besides playing the same dungeons over and over again to learn the layout and the order everything should be in?
#2MegaSlushPosted 1/19/2013 8:59:02 AM(edited)
There's really no need to learn the "layout" of anything. Just go straight. Always tell them at the start that you're new to the place/role. If they kick you, it's their problem - they'll have to wait for a new tank, while you can just instaqueue for another run.

Which class do you have in mind?
---
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Check profile for more.
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1
#3MarikhenPosted 1/19/2013 10:09:40 AM
Strip totally naked, get on a 100% ground mount, gather up a bunch of mobs at about your level, and then fight them. I guarantee that you'll tank.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#4aLINKinthechainPosted 1/19/2013 11:58:58 AM
Every dungeon now has a full map that shows the location of every boss, just don't over-pull (unless your healer is telling you to or is grabbing mobs and pulling them to you.)

You'll quickly learn dungeon lay-outs and get better, you just have to put the practice in.
---
GT: thatKevinkid
the first man on the moon was soma, and he got there by yorick jumping.