This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How about we start a Gamefaqs guild

#1SoaringlitoPosted 1/20/2013 7:50:01 PM
Hello, strangers and (hopefully) friends. I was just thinking, that it would be cool to start a GFaqs based guild. Obviously we wouldn't be exclusive to Gfaqs and we'd recruit anyone and everyone willing to join the guild. The reason that I had this idea is that I'm sick of all of these guilds in the game that:

-are small and will never get big enough to do anything (raid, rated BG's, etc.)
-are too big an unorganized
-are good enough to do the above things but don't have someone to lead them/the members won't work together etc.
-are inactive

I'm sure that many of you have your beloved characters all on different servers and many wouldn't like to roll a new character or transfer. So since this is a GFaqs based guild, we can decide where to start the guild, who would like to be the Guild Master, etc.

I, for one will be rolling a new character on the server that we decide on if you guys want to do this. I don't want to be the guild master because I have no experience with managing guilds. You guys should decide who it'll be based on experience, etc. The purpose of this is:

-for us to build a decent community within the guild(you will be recognized as a member, not just some nameless person in an inactive 200 person guild that does nothing)
-for us to be able to get stuff DONE (raids/dungeons/BG's/whatever YOU guys want)
-to give us all a good guild to be in, rather than separated in a bunch of different guilds where 3/5 of them won't be functional.

So, is anyone interested in this idea? If you are, just post whether you're interested or not, what server you think we should base the guild in, what faction the guild should be, if you'd like a guild master or officer position, etc. Also, it would be helpful to post WHY you want specific servers etc. (I personally don't care for the why's but it would help convince people here on the forums to go to the server/faction that YOU are recommending.)

The guild starts here, in this very topic. Thank you for your time. ^.^
#2Right_Chus_1Posted 1/20/2013 7:52:05 PM
TLDR: No
#3Blue7Posted 1/20/2013 8:00:30 PM
I think they tried this a couple of times in the past. Didn't go too well, as far as I know. I never joined myself.
---
War:"I never change? **** you! You don't know me!" The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse on Fallout: Tactics
PSN: KujoMackenbarn
#4Soaringlito(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 8:06:11 PM
Well if we get people to try now it can work well. I mean, the point isn't ONLY us. That would be dumb. We just get it started and working, so that we could get actual people in game to join. We'd be the core group of the guild.
#5RomeoMinolaPosted 1/20/2013 8:19:58 PM
Yeah this totally hasn't been attempted before.

Okay here's the deal; Gamefaqs has one of the worst/saddest communities you will find online and the beautiful part about it is that Gamefaqers themselves know it.

A Gamefaqs guild is never going to work simply because you're essentially expecting people to join a guild where you already know you're going to hate 75% of the people in it.
#6Right_Chus_1Posted 1/20/2013 8:22:06 PM
I've always felt that if you picture Warcraft sites and message boards as places that Gamefaqs would be the ghetto.
#7RomeoMinolaPosted 1/20/2013 8:24:48 PM
Right_Chus_1 posted...
I've always felt that if you picture Warcraft sites and message boards as places that Gamefaqs would be the ghetto.

That's odd. I always figured it would look like the reject table at high school.
#8Xeros CandelaPosted 1/20/2013 8:25:02 PM
RomeoMinola posted...
Yeah this totally hasn't been attempted before.

Okay here's the deal; Gamefaqs has one of the worst/saddest communities you will find online and the beautiful part about it is that Gamefaqers themselves know it.

A Gamefaqs guild is never going to work simply because you're essentially expecting people to join a guild where you already know you're going to hate 75% of the people in it.

This. Just think about some of the more horrible posts on this board and realize that you'll be playing with those people. I don't want to have to put guild mates on ignore.
---
Insert coin(s) to continue...
#9Soaringlito(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 8:37:32 PM
Alrighty then, I feel it. Where would be a good place to put up a post like this?
#10Right_Chus_1Posted 1/20/2013 8:38:07 PM
RomeoMinola posted...
Right_Chus_1 posted...

That's odd. I always figured it would look like the reject table at high school.

Hmm, that may be more appropriate.