This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pvp theory for patch 5.2-is it smart?

#1nimatoda666Posted 1/21/2013 4:19:21 PM
I played in middle cata for the first time, and enjoyed it, but had a bad laptop and couldnt handle raids and forced me to stop playing. I now have a laptop that runs it fine, but I started late into Pandaria and am slightly behind in pvp to where i am geared enough to be 1800 in rbgs but not able to be top tier. Now, I have heard that mal gear is for honor and the next conquest tier will be slightly better then mal gear, and that the upgrade system will be removed, but upgrades will stay. So, would it be smart to immediately upgrade all my mal gear to ilvl 491 and immediately buy the other few pieces for honor while 5.2 hits then conquest cap, for the next tier. My thoughts are that 5.2 will hit before people will be able to buy and upgrade all pieces, so if i start 5.2 with a lot of 491 pieces and the rest 483, i would be ahead to start over the people who bought all 483 pieces in 5.1 for conquest and didnt have the points to fully upgrade to 491, which would no longer be possible in 5.2.

tl;dr: I am behind by a couple weeks in pvp, with upgrade system being disbanded in 5.2, but upgrades not being removed, should i upgrade as many pieces to 491 as i can, and fully buy 483 gear with honor starting at 5.2 while the majority just bought full 483 and only partially upgraded as there is not enough conquest points to fully get 491 with every piece?
#2nimatoda666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 7:05:05 PM
Bump
#3ouFIJIPosted 1/21/2013 7:28:05 PM
When your tl;dr is a six line run-on sentence, I'm going to suggest revisiting your 3rd grade grammar and rhetoric schooling.
#4BIMHBPosted 1/21/2013 7:46:01 PM
nimatoda666 posted...
I played in middle cata for the first time, and enjoyed it, but had a bad laptop and couldnt handle raids and forced me to stop playing. I now have a laptop that runs it fine, but I started late into Pandaria and am slightly behind in pvp to where i am geared enough to be 1800 in rbgs but not able to be top tier. Now, I have heard that mal gear is for honor and the next conquest tier will be slightly better then mal gear, and that the upgrade system will be removed, but upgrades will stay. So, would it be smart to immediately upgrade all my mal gear to ilvl 491 and immediately buy the other few pieces for honor while 5.2 hits then conquest cap, for the next tier. My thoughts are that 5.2 will hit before people will be able to buy and upgrade all pieces, so if i start 5.2 with a lot of 491 pieces and the rest 483, i would be ahead to start over the people who bought all 483 pieces in 5.1 for conquest and didnt have the points to fully upgrade to 491, which would no longer be possible in 5.2.

tl;dr: I am behind by a couple weeks in pvp, with upgrade system being disbanded in 5.2, but upgrades not being removed, should i upgrade as many pieces to 491 as i can, and fully buy 483 gear with honor starting at 5.2 while the majority just bought full 483 and only partially upgraded as there is not enough conquest points to fully get 491 with every piece?

before u do anything else I would upgrade your weapons the most you possibly can

ouFIJI posted...
When your tl;dr is a six line run-on sentence, I'm going to suggest revisiting your 3rd grade grammar and rhetoric schooling.

calm down nerd
---
Bush is my homeboy.
#5nimatoda666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 10:13:30 PM
ouFIJI posted...

My fault. May you suggest how I should have written my idea in as short a way possible? To the other poster yes I am not commenting on how to do better then 5.1 but I am saying if I upgrade as many pieces to 491, wouldn't I have a head start over those who used all their conquest to get fully geared in 5.1. And I can buy all 483 with honor and be ahead of all those who didn't fully upgrade and bought pieces before 5.2 and didn't need any honor in 5.2 but obviously honor doesn't have a cap.

Am I correct?
#6Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 1/22/2013 1:11:40 AM
TL;DR: Upgrades are going away. Should I upgrade now while I can, or gimp myself?
---
For topical discussions of the Source Mod remake of Half Life: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683833-black-mesa
#7lunchbox2042Posted 1/22/2013 2:20:32 AM
Upgrade the weapon but I would wait to see what the pvp power resilience changes look like. As far as I know malevolent gear is being downgraded to 476 but its power and resilience are being buffed.
---
GT: Mr Fn Lunchbox