This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Queen Azshara the next big bad? SPOILERSSSS

#51CM101PlayPosted 1/23/2013 10:30:23 AM
I know, I just don't wanna go from hundreds of thousands of hp back to like 20k because of some technical reason.
---
AJ McCannon's mom (in blue) : http://tinyurl.com/bs6heg7
#52Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 1/26/2013 11:49:54 PM
Another way to put things... We have heroic and normal versions of four instances(DM, SFC, SM, Scol) where the same bosses have a huge difference in stats. Also, we have the ghost of Varothen floating around in Azshara(irony), and the Varothen portion of the Mannaroth fight in Well of Eternity.

Lore wise, we are a group of heroes(key word being group) who have taken on various powerful forces, but often there's some gimp involved.

Ragnaros(round one): It's more an avatar that is faced, and we have the help of two legendary weapons.
Illidan: Help from Maiev.
Kil'Jaeden: Help from Kalecgos(I think)
Arthas: Dude one shot the party when he decided to stop playing around. it would have been over if not for Tirion shattering Frostmorne.
Deathwing: The other four aspects plus fledgeling aspect all ganged up on him while we went in surgically.

Yogg Saron, lore wise, was weak compared to his full self, and the constructs were assisting the heroes.
---
For topical discussions of the Source Mod remake of Half Life: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683833-black-mesa
#53redundanciesPosted 1/27/2013 9:17:16 AM
There's no justification for us becoming demigods or the like though. We are still playing as mortal races, and even the Dragon Aspects have become mortal (despite the glaring plotholes that creates, particularly in regard to the Infinite Dragonflight). We can still grow in power, and in story terms we may end up on the same level as the racial leaders, even if for balance reasons they're obviously still much stronger than we are, however there's nothing that would justifiably make us post-human.

Well, in D&D, the leveling system is usually such that, once you reach the highest levels, you are almost literally a demigod. While the universe of WoW isn't a D&D setting, it's still a place full of ridiculously powerful magics, and mortals there could potentially reach the same levels.
#54panzar dragoonPosted 1/27/2013 10:18:37 AM
Hak posted...
ShadowEdgeX posted...
Two big questions

1. Will Sargeras EVER be fightable?
2. If so, will he nessecarily be the end boss of the next Legion Expansion?

I don't think he ever will be. After that there is very little they could throw at us in any future expansions that could threaten us. I'm leaning toward an Azshara themed expansion as well.

1. No. Sargeras at full strength wouldn't even be approachable - our characters and any NPC's who might want to help would be incinerated before getting within even 500 miles of him. The Demon Soul had no effect on him whatsoever, he's entirely immune to all Warlock magic and Fire effects. If he punches the ground, planet dies. Not really feasible to make as a raid boss, since there's no way to depower him.
2. Moot point - he could be added as the final boss as a big "FU" to players by adding a boss who literally couldn't be killed.

Broxigar wants to have a word with you.
After killing enough demons to form a literal mountain, Sargeras himself approached Broxigar to deal the killing blow. Brox lept forward and sliced open Sargeras' leg before being slain.
If one really mad Orc can slice his leg open, I'm pretty confident that 25 soldiers of strength comparable to Brox' own could deal some serious damage.
---
As a blood elf male, his weak point is his ovaries. Punch him there. -befo72
#55Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 1/27/2013 3:28:11 PM
All Brox managed to do was was the equivalent of a harmless bug bite. It was the fact that such a wound was possible that startled Sargaras. Didn't stop him at finishing the encounter quickly.

It's like a lvl 90 in T14 gear idling in a starting zone, not paying attention to the character, and a mob aggros. Sure, you might be taking damage(that you recover just as fast), but you'll still down the mob as soon as you respond.
---
For topical discussions of the Source Mod remake of Half Life: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683833-black-mesa
#56TheGreatCheezePosted 1/27/2013 3:39:04 PM
tote_all posted...
I've never understood why people feel the need to say "spoilers" for a speculation thread.

Because speculation threads are generally full of actual spoilers that back up the speculation.

You're not the sharpest crayon, are you?

How long does it take for spoilers to stop being spoilers? From what I've read in this topic, a lot of it has been about BC stuff.
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
#57panzar dragoonPosted 1/27/2013 5:47:38 PM
Kanus_oq_Seruna posted...
All Brox managed to do was was the equivalent of a harmless bug bite. It was the fact that such a wound was possible that startled Sargaras. Didn't stop him at finishing the encounter quickly.

It's like a lvl 90 in T14 gear idling in a starting zone, not paying attention to the character, and a mob aggros. Sure, you might be taking damage(that you recover just as fast), but you'll still down the mob as soon as you respond.

Regardless of the damage, its proven that he is far from invincible. If Brox did that, albeit with an enchanted axe, I'm pretty confident that he could be killed in-game, most likely with Titan support.
---
As a blood elf male, his weak point is his ovaries. Punch him there. -befo72
#58Major GamerPosted 1/27/2013 7:02:51 PM
tote_all posted...
I've never understood why people feel the need to say "spoilers" for a speculation thread.

Because speculation threads are generally full of actual spoilers that back up the speculation.

You're not the sharpest crayon, are you?

How long does it take for spoilers to stop being spoilers? From what I've read in this topic, a lot of it has been about BC stuff.

According to GameFAQs, everything that isn't known from the start is a spoiler, regardless of age. Saying how Romeo & Juliet ends without marking it as a spoiler is moddable.
---
Can excessive stupidity be a valid reason for moderation?
http://backloggery.com/majorgamer
#59Ness0123456789Posted 1/27/2013 9:51:09 PM(edited)
That's just for gameplay reason though, lorewise I can't think of some reasonable explanation as to how we can be empowered to levels on our own beyond that of the Aspects for example.

Lorewise we already ARE on par with, if not more powerful, than any hero in Azeroth.

To date, we have:

*Spoilers will follow*

-Killed both children of Deathwing (Onyxia and Nefarian) twice, as well as his prime consort (Sinestra).
-Killed a very powerful Loa (Hakkar).
-Killed Illidan, Vashj, and Kael'Thas.
-Destroyed (or what constitutes for destroying) two Old Gods (C'Thun and Yogg-Saron) as well as ALL of their minions.
-Banished the acting leader of the Burning Legion Kil'Jaeden back to the Twisting Nether.
-Killed Three Aspects, one of which was empowered by an Old God (Deathwing) and another that was empowered by Time (Murozond) it's self. The other was just slightly crazy (Malygos.
-Killed one Titanic Watcher (Loken), soon to be a second (Ra-Den), and defeated and freed four others (Thorim, Hodir, Freya, and Mimiron).
-Killed the Lich King and every single one of his lieutenants (Kel'thuzad and Anub'Arak).
-Destroyed two Elemental Lords (Al'Akir and Ragnaros) while they were both at their full power, one of which (Ak'akir) we destroyed with no assistance what so ever from a third party.
-Wiped out an entire flight of supposedly unstoppable Twilight Dragons.
-Killed the Mantid's Empress while she was empowered by the Sha of Fear, and then proceeded to destroy the Sha of Fear it's self, as well as five of the other Shas, essentially conquering our own negative emotions.
-And in 5.2, we'll be killing Lei-Shin, the Mogu's Emperor and one of the Titan's strongest constructs while he's ALSO empowered by the Titanic Watcher Ra-Den as well as fighting off the entire Mogu Empire.

Yeah, I would say that's a resume long enough to allow us to be considered super heroes at this point. Whatever we end up doing on Argus will likely put us in a status that makes us stronger than ANYONE on Azeroth. We ARE the Heroes of Azeroth now. Yes, we do occasionally get aid from third parties, but it's always in the form of some kind of support role. When it comes right down to it, we're the ones killing the big bad villains, not them.

We are Azeroth's champions and it's greatest heroes, period.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#60Sir WillPosted 1/27/2013 9:52:03 PM
Actually LOREwise we help, but victories are generally attributed to NPCs, such as Onyxia going to Varian or all the kills involving NPCs would go to them. We're great heros but we're not demigods and there are plenty if lore characters who'd still be considered stronger than us.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'