This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When does arms start doing more dmg than prot?

#1Slayerblade11Posted 1/23/2013 5:04:54 AM
I'm leveling a warrior and my fury off spec feels useless since prot does like 2-3 the damage, even vs single targets. Shield slam, devastate and revenge all hit like a mack truck.
---
FC: 4599 7415 8439
#2Lightning BoltPosted 1/23/2013 5:05:14 AM
It doesn't.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#3Right_Chus_1Posted 1/23/2013 5:17:22 AM
When leveling as fury and probably even arms, in dungeons specifically and at the earlier levels, you have one goal, land as many executes as you possibly can. I did a few dungeons as fury recently from the 40-50 range and at that level execute is probably the strongest ability in the game out of any class at all and i was hanging neck and neck with decent tanks. Would out dps the ones that still werent sure what they were doing quite easily.

As far as what level dps specs start out doing tanks, well, thats more of a gear issue than a level issue. At level 90 if you arent geared and the tank is fairly geared than the tank will still more than likely put out more. Once you get geared on par with most tanks and get decent at warrior AOE then you will pass them. Unless its big pulls back to back and they stack a ton of vengeance, then they will more than likely do more still, even at 90.