This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One of my oldest friends just went berserk over losing a roll on a mount.

#1FelixTrapperPosted 1/23/2013 1:02:19 PM
This is really sad. We've been friends for over a decade, since elementary school.
It's amazing what this game can do to people.

Short summary:

I ask him if he wants to come with me to Onyxia for my T2 hat for Transmog. He says yes.
We duo Onyxia. The mount drops. We both roll need. I win the roll. He proceeds to freak out saying how can I be serious rolling on that, that I don't play as consistently as him, and that because I'm a druid, I am literally banned from rolling on any mounts. He tells me to f*** off and has not spoken to me since, and despite my numerous attempts to reason with him and reconcile, he refuses to meet halfway.

I've been playing WoW since launch, he shortly after. I've farmed many rare things such as Sulfuras and other mounts like Baron's charger. And for the record, 1) I do use flying mounts all the time on my druid, I hate my ugly bat form and only use it for emergencies and 2) Its an account wide mount, which is being enjoying on my other characters.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/GDKT0486
#2stryderincPosted 1/23/2013 1:05:57 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.
#3trinogonPosted 1/23/2013 1:08:18 PM
He's stupid.

Forget him and get better friends.
---
"You can just, you can just stand in the sun all day passing a ball around, or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters."
#4FelixTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 1:10:05 PM
stryderinc posted...

Eh.. no pics, sorry. I guess you could check out my profile (Feliks @ Stonemaul) and see that I did get this acheiv last night and that I do have the onyx mount in my collection
---
#5FelixTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 1:11:17 PM
trinogon posted...
He's stupid.

Forget him and get better friends.

Working on that. I asked him "Is our friendship seriously worth less than some dragon pixels?"

"F*** off bro. F*** off. You'll realize what you did is stupid. Don't worry it will hit you"

It was like talking to an 8 year old who just discovered swearing.
---
#6GForceDragonPosted 1/23/2013 1:12:03 PM
Felix_Trapper posted...
stryderinc posted...

Eh.. no pics, sorry. I guess you could check out my profile (Feliks @ Stonemaul) and see that I did get this acheiv last night and that I do have the onyx mount in my collection

I think he meant pics of the freakout.

And if this is not the case, then I'd like pics of the freakout.
---
FIash__Gordon: "no, because Candlejack is nice enough to hit the post button and my signature is automatically at
#7stryderincPosted 1/23/2013 1:15:10 PM
GForceDragon posted...
Felix_Trapper posted...
stryderinc posted...

I think he meant pics of the freakout.

And if this is not the case, then I'd like pics of the freakout.

This is exactly the case, reading the actual conversation makes it that much more epic.

On a side note, you did invite HIM, so he shouldn't have any expectations for any drops unless it was discussed before hand.
#8FelixTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 1:26:32 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9DivineWraithPosted 1/23/2013 1:31:29 PM(edited)
If anything, this shows where his priorities are.

Friends like that aren't needed by any stretch of the imagination. Even with the history, is it worth the constant threat of being screwed over by a so-called "friend" whenever something pops up in real life that he feels he deserves more than you?

It could be anything too. Given the right circumstances, I can guarantee that he won't give a second thought to just walking right over you to get at whatever happens to be important to him, including gas station hot dogs.

Personally, I'd walk away from the whole thing and never speak to him again. I would even go as far as to treat him as a complete stranger when he inevitably shows up on my doorstep asking for help, because his piss poor attitude and ideals got him into trouble.

Maybe your connection to him is important to you, it's pretty obvious that it isn't important to him.

Edit:
Typo. :(
#10GForceDragonPosted 1/23/2013 1:31:50 PM
Felix_Trapper posted...
"Dude I'm mad at you. I can't believe this but I am."

That's fair. He's being honest and trying to have a nice dialogue with y-
Felix_Trapper posted...
"Your a druid.

>your
Felix_Trapper posted...
"You took it. Was it worth it? Your selfish bro.

MY SYMPATHY METER IS DRAINING AT AN ALARMING RATE
Felix_Trapper posted...
"Lol yes that's what I'm saying. Omg gtfo. I can't even talk to you. All your doing is making it my fault. Flipping everything on me.

It's not even his attitude (while deplorable) that gets me. It's that it seems that he's trying to type properly, but he keeps misusing that word. God damnit.

Rejoice, Felix. Today you won a neat mount, and dropped a horrible "friend".

Praise the black dragonflight!
---
FIash__Gordon: "no, because Candlejack is nice enough to hit the post button and my signature is automatically at