This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I miss MM

#1Coffee_NursePosted 1/23/2013 2:15:24 PM
Why does Blizzard hate Marksmanship? I mainly PvP on my hunter. All through BC, WoLK, and Cata, I was always MM. This expac, I reluctantly went BM because of how underpowered MM is. To me, BM is so boring. I hate relying on a pet to do most of my damage. I've always used the pet as more of a utility. I'm going back to MM, even if it sucks.

Hoping to see some buffs in 5.2, I checked the patch notes.
The way they address it:

"Aimed Shot cast time has been been reduced to 2.5 seconds, down from 2.9 seconds."

That's a step in the right direction. But, this doesn't really help the fact that MM is at the bottom for PvE and PvP.
---
Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.
#2ElaeusPosted 1/23/2013 2:19:15 PM
So because MM is bad now in comparison to the other two specs suddenly Blizzard hates it?

May I remind you that at least it was really powerful two out of three raiding tier in Cata? I don't have a clue how WotLK MMs faired, but I don't remember any particular complaining. The only complaining I remember from WotLK was from BM and I forgot at what point.

I am pretty sure it will be pushed up again somehow... Specs always go up and down, no need to throw a tantrum over a bad patch, even though I understand having to play out of the spec you enjoy sucks, but I guess I am just used to it for progression normally. Just be patient.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#3PsoloquoisePosted 1/23/2013 2:19:28 PM
Why not try survival? Less reliance on pet and decent damage output.
#4ProfessorWongPosted 1/23/2013 4:26:13 PM
One thing that I've learned over the years is that MM is insanely gear dependent. That makes MM a late bloomer when it comes to delivering in DPS. Two examples of that dependency are Piercing Shots and Bombardment, both relying on your chance to crit for proccing. Once you have higher amounts of haste and crit rolling in, MM will catch up.
---
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
#5HakPosted 1/24/2013 2:50:14 AM
BM was the king during TBC, then extremely lacklustre through WotLK, and most of Cata. It happens. Look at Mages for example - Frost was the PvP spec, or leveling spec, and crappy at max level until one raiding tier in Cata and now in Pandaria it's better than Fire (though Fire did start on top). In time, MM will be fixed and may end up being OP as a result, or perhaps in the next expansion it'll be so good it needs nerfed. Fortunately now we're at a point where there isn't so much difference in all the DPS specs that you're simply unable to function playing one of the "lesser" ones, so just play what you find fun. A good player playing a "lesser" spec will usually do more damage than a crap player playing an overpowered spec (except for Arcane in Cataclysm... no skill required at all to top the charts).
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#6seasloth21Posted 1/24/2013 3:14:43 AM
Hak posted...
BM was the king during TBC, then extremely lacklustre through WotLK, and most of Cata. It happens. Look at Mages for example - Frost was the PvP spec, or leveling spec, and crappy at max level until one raiding tier in Cata and now in Pandaria it's better than Fire (though Fire did start on top). In time, MM will be fixed and may end up being OP as a result, or perhaps in the next expansion it'll be so good it needs nerfed. Fortunately now we're at a point where there isn't so much difference in all the DPS specs that you're simply unable to function playing one of the "lesser" ones, so just play what you find fun. A good player playing a "lesser" spec will usually do more damage than a crap player playing an overpowered spec (except for Arcane in Cataclysm... no skill required at all to top the charts).

BM lackluster during Wrath? 30 seconds of bestial wrath and being unable to be cc'd during that time was definitely not lackluster.