This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Making the most use out of Monk exp buff

#1BoogyyPosted 1/23/2013 3:36:08 PM
Would it be best to aoe tank dungeons as brewmaster while taking the dungeon quests or questing as windwalker?
---
Flowers are really unbalance
#2CacofiendPosted 1/23/2013 3:53:35 PM
I'd quest as brewmaster myself and try to bunch up tons of quest mobs so you can nuke them down with aoe. Also seems to work ok for me while levelling up my skinning as a bonus.
#3SandnitePosted 1/23/2013 5:22:01 PM
If you go the questing route, be sure to have a bunch of quests ready to turn in before getting the buff.
#4AmakusaPosted 1/23/2013 7:44:37 PM
You'll likely see a bigger gain by turning in multiple quests. The quest XP isn't a joke with the buff.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#5MorgasaurusPosted 1/23/2013 9:41:38 PM
I agree build up quest turn-ins.
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
#6Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 1/24/2013 2:37:44 AM
How to power level as any class:

Be in a guild that provides the best exp buff.
Have access to all the experience buffing heirlooms.
Having the non exp heirlooms that match your class are also useful for their utility.
Keep questing, keep moving.
While leveling, use mining/herb for the exp that nodes grant. Blizz has streamlined gathering scaling enough that you should generally be ahead on both if you gather as you quest.
Disregard the junk bags from random instances. Your looms will make them useless in an hour anyways.
Queue specific for an instance that you havne't done the quests in. Do the quests in the instances.

Do not stop moving.

Each zone's recomended level on the map in the Old world is a level high. You can start questing at the initial hub a level early. In fact, they generally give you the breadcrumbs a level early. Get to the next zone as soon as you can using the provided means of getting there.

If you are a tank class that has potent aoe dps, in looms, you'll make instances go quickly. You should be able to keep the new instances coming each time you enter an instance. If you do go straight instances all the way through vanilla, disregard professions. If you mix questing and the occasional instance, you should be able to keep your professions at the right level.
---
For topical discussions of the Source Mod remake of Half Life: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683833-black-mesa
#7Lightning BoltPosted 1/24/2013 2:42:25 AM
Just do dungeon quests. With the buff you'll pretty much never need to do a dungeon more than once.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#8Neo_HeartlessPosted 1/24/2013 3:21:47 AM
The best way to make the most out of the Monk Exp buff is to log out when you have 10 minutes left. Then the next day go do the daily before the buff runs out.

BAM. Enjoy your two hour buff.

DISCLAIMER: I don't actually know if it still works this way.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#9Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 1/24/2013 12:23:57 PM
You can also stack the every 10 level quest with the daily for a 2 hour buff.
---
For topical discussions of the Source Mod remake of Half Life: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683833-black-mesa
#10noitcefniPosted 1/24/2013 2:19:23 PM
remember if you aren't gonna be playing the monk at the time at least get the buff, i have 8hrs stacked on my monk while lvl'ing my hunter.

imo i found it quicker to just queue as tank and go that way, it gets boring but it's too fast to not do it unless you really want to quest.
---
psn - elixe // live - e1ixe